CTI cases are so cheap....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
1E6222E2-6847-4A31-9281-21AA052BB81A.jpeg The label lettering falls off after a few inserts. Never had that problem with an Aerotech casing.

Just partly trolling the forum because it’s a quiet Saturday. CTI cases are inexpensive. I think my AT RMS 24-40 was more than a CTI pro24-6g. As long as the G-145 reload lives up to what the sim says I think I’ll be happy with the Canuck CTI product.

That's funny till you price out ATs with all the different closures required and seal disc. Besides they're all cheap under 75mm.

Yeah I wanna say my AT 38-240 and 480 casings complete were about $100 each. CTI cases cost less but those reloads are always hazmat where some AT reloads aren’t hazmat. Haven’t touched the big stuff yet. And the CTI pro 24-6G was like $35 complete, but those dinky $22 reloads are $56 to ship!!!

Go buy an AT 75mm motor complete, you'll need a loan!
It gets worse in the 98mm line.
CTI 75mm motor is cheaper and will work with both loads.
With the ease of the Pro38 cases and less cleanup, I like them a lot.

CTI casings are my favorite. My 24mm casing had the label peel almost off but who cares? And as far as hazmat shipping, just buy them at the field. I order motors too but I do it in a bulk order so the hazmat cost thins itself out a lot. You could probably get friends in your club to go in with you on an order and split that $35 up.

I also have Aerotech hardware but they are sure proud of their hardware! Plus, to me the CTI motors are so easy to assemble that I can actually spend more time fly’s and less time prepping.

Once you get to 54mm, there is no "cheap". Estes, AT, CTI, LOKI, Ellis Mountain, Kosden, I LOVE THEM ALL! They let me fly rockets! When you get to 75mm, it's all about what you want to fly, not about cost. Given a choice between the 75mm AT casings and the 75mm CTI casings, I prefer AT. The CTI nozzle ring is a pain.

You can cross load Pro 75 in to AT cases and some AT reloads into Pro 75 cases, the CTI case spacers help with not having every case size.

My father used to say "A---holes and opinions , everyone has one. The bigger the A---hole the bigger the opinion !"
People will often say things to sound intelligent .
"but the ability to speak does not prove intelligence"

Forgot to add ,if this is inappropriate please remove from thread.

Naw you guys are funny. I just got whining about something insignificant.

And with AT you have to buy an "extended forward closure" if you want to fly a 54/1706 K185 longburn... another $50 and it's basically for just one load. Helluva load, though.

All of my old CTI cases had the labels removed. The only one left in my possession has the label removed. I know what it is so I don’t need a fading label to tell me it’s a 3 grain 29mm.

Just partly trolling the forum because it’s a quiet Saturday. CTI cases are inexpensive. I think my AT RMS 24-40 was more than a CTI pro24-6g. As long as the G-145 reload lives up to what the sim says I think I’ll be happy with the Canuck CTI product.

And if it doesn't, it'll be some crappy 3rd world country's attempt at model rocketry parts?!

Be careful of the slang you use & pick up.. You seem to have a knack for using words that some find offensive. Should I refer to you as a "hillbilly" or a 'Yank'? Or indigenous peoples as "Eskimos" or "Redskins"?! I think not.

And if it doesn't, it'll be some crappy 3rd world country's attempt at model rocketry parts?!

Be careful of the slang you use & pick up.. You seem to have a knack for using words that some find offensive. Should I refer to you as a "hillbilly" or a 'Yank'? Or indigenous peoples as "Eskimos" or "Redskins"?! I think not.

Word Cotton!

I was wondering if you picked up on that. Me, I'm just a flatlander.

Once you get to 54mm, there is no "cheap". Estes, AT, CTI, LOKI, Ellis Mountain, Kosden, I LOVE THEM ALL! They let me fly rockets! When you get to 75mm, it's all about what you want to fly, not about cost. Given a choice between the 75mm AT casings and the 75mm CTI casings, I prefer AT. The CTI nozzle ring is a pain.
I cross load all my loads in snap-ring cases because I got rid of my AT hdw.
Regardless what AT or CTI states, I use the seal disk AND I use the nozzle carrier (with both inner and outer o-rings)
It took me a few to get the steps in order but it's a breeze now.

Attachments

• Closeup of AT Nozzle-Kosdon Case.jpg
    Closeup of AT Nozzle-Kosdon Case.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 74
Andrew, your 1st anniversary on this forum coming up on Sept 22. Almost 2,200 posts in that time.

This entire thread is a waste of server space.

How many more posts can you get before the clock turns?

And of these posts, how many of them generated constructive thought in direct communication with people, and among people in general?

I wish you well, but damn you waste a lot of people's time.

Go get some exercise. Go for a walk in nature. Get a girlfriend. Keep building rockets. Learn some restraint, man.

Last edited:
Learn some restraint, man.

The-Big-Lebowski-hp-GQ-25Feb16_rex_b.jpg

Back