CTI C star reloads in Aerotech Cases

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobtheshortstop

Reaction score
So I want to fly a CTI L910 C star reload in my Aerotech 75/2560 case. It is crossloads compatible. However I've heard that the C star reloads tend to burn at a higher temperature than most other propellants. My fear is a burn through at the forward end of the case. I'm sure a fwd seal disc with and o-ring would probably prevent this, but has anyone ever flown one in an AT case without a seal disc?

I have flown two M1830s and two M2250s in an RMS 75/5120 case without issue. No seal disk was used. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to do so though.

Put the forward seal disc in. I’ve even left out the grain spacers to make room for the forward seal disc. Approved by real rocket scientists. But that being said, I’ve never flown C star loads. So YMMV. But I also have seen a blistered case from not using the FSD in a AT case with a CTI load.

Yes, it's always better safe than sorry. If I load an Aerotech load in either a CTI or any snap ring case, I will always use a FSD. This is for 75 and 98 only, as nothing else is easily cross compatible.

Back