CTI 75mm O-Ring Source

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know a good place to get silicone #228 and #230 o-rings for CTI 75mm hardware? I used to get them from McMaster, but they apparently don't carry them anymore. I do a lot of AT-to-CTI crossloads, the AT propellant kits come with two #230's but not the #228 for the CTI nozzle holder. Thanks!

Eggtimer Cris

Anybody know a good place to get silicone #228 and #230 o-rings for CTI 75mm hardware? I used to get them from McMaster, but they apparently don't carry them anymore. I do a lot of AT-to-CTI crossloads, the AT propellant kits come with two #230's but not the #228 for the CTI nozzle holder. Thanks!

Eggtimer Cris
The Oring store https://www.theoringstore.com/store/

Tony

Thanks! I forgot how expensive the red silicone ones were... almost $4 each. Is there a cheaper acceptable compound? I think AT ships butyl or buna o-rings... they're black, not red.

You might ask local people who go in the opposite direction and don't use the one that comes in a CTI reload. I've got at least one, I'll bring it to the next TRA-SD launch.

Also, the last CTI kit I got had black BUNA rings, not red, I believe.

Last edited:
You might ask local people who go in the opposite direction and don't use the one that comes in a CTI reload. I've got at least one, I'll bring it to the next TRA-SD launch.

Also, the last CTI kit I got had black BUNA rings, not red, I believe.
Thanks. I have four of the #228 red silicone ones left... trying to be proactive so I don't run out. Honestly, every time I remove them they look new... they could probably be reused, since they're the inside nozzle holder o-rings and (theoretically) shouldn't be subject to any hot gas exposure. I throw them away anyway...

Why use silicone. You only use them once so just use buna. The only time I've needed silicone was for the nozzle of a snap ring case.

Back