• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CTI 29mm 5 Grain Reload, Rocket Epoxy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13_Year_old_Rocket_guru

Reaction score
Found! Thanks everybody for the help! My level 1 rocket is slowly putting itself together. Does anyone have any paint job suggestions? Its a loc Iroc built stock. My level 1 reload was paid for by a anonymous person! I will pick it up at the field during launch day
IMG_0069.jpg

Last edited:
Im looking for epoxy for my jr level 1 build. i am also looking for a cti 29mm 5 grain reload. I have $24 (im only 13 so calm down) and would be grateful for someone to help out. Rocket epoxy would be useful but others can work grain.

Is there a certain kind of epoxy that you're looking for? ex; 5 minute, 30 minute, etc.
At Hobby Lobby, you can get 5 minute & 30 minute epoxy. They're usually $10.99, but with a 40% off coupon, it can be $6.60 + tax.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-H...nt-Brushes/30-Minute-Slow-Cure-Epoxy/p/146627
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-H...nt-Brushes/5-Minute-Quick-Cure-Epoxy/p/146626
Sorry, I can't help you out on the motor. :(

I hope this helps you! :)

Thanks,

Im looking for epoxy for my jr level 1 build. i am also looking for a cti 29mm 5 grain reload. I have $24 (im only 13 so calm down) and would be grateful for someone to help out. Rocket epoxy would be useful but others can work grain.

Unfortunately having enough money to fly is going to be a challenge to overcome. Keep in mind you also need the hardware as well. A quick browse tells me you need the functional equivalent of $70 just for the motor ($29 for just the reload).

I like seeing young folks fly. See if you have a mentor who can broker things for you.

And any 5 or 15 minute epoxy will work. You don't need Rocketpoxy for this. I have flown K motors on rockets assembled with that stuff.

Unfortunately having enough money to fly is going to be a challenge to overcome. Keep in mind you also need the hardware as well. A quick browse tells me you need the functional equivalent of $70 just for the motor ($29 for just the reload).

I like seeing young folks fly. See if you have a mentor who can broker things for you.

And any 5 or 15 minute epoxy will work. You don't need Rocketpoxy for this. I have flown K motors on rockets assembled with that stuff.

+1!! :)

Thanks,

Hey,

Welcome to TRF! On mobile so sorry for typos.

first off, for the motor, you'll need to have someone get it to you locally, so having your location would be a good idea. All CTI motors ship HAZMAT due to propellant weights, so you'd be spending $25 in HAZMAT alone.

Where re are you planning to do your L1? Generally on-field vendors will have motors available, and you don't have to pay shipping.

Furthermore, if you're on a budget, CTI isn't the best way to go. You'd be better off borrowing a case from someone and flying something like a Loki (of you can take a 38) or an AT (cheaper reloads).

Tell you what. If you can tell me who your mentor is, where you're flying your L1, and some info about your rocket, I'll get you your motor for your flight (within reason).

On to epoxy: For your first HPr build, if you're using wood and paper parts, you'll be fine with wood glue. If you're bound and determined to use epoxy, get a 2 bottle set of epoxy on amazon or Hobby Lobby. 20-30 minute is great for forgiveness.

Feel free to message me on PM if you need advice from a younger person. . I joined this forum when I was 13. I'm 18 now. You can learn so much stuff from here if you open your mind. :)

Im looking for epoxy for my level 1 and 2 build. i am also looking for a cti 29mm 5 grain reload and 38mm 5 grain reload. I have $24 (im only 13 so calm down) and would be grateful for someone to help out. Epoxy is also needed.

Hi There 13_Year_old_Rocket_guru!!!

Welcome to the Rocketry Forum!!! -Are you really 13 years old? Just curious, I'm 14, and I think its cool when kids our age fly rockets. :cool:

Are you a Tripoli TMP member? I am!! You can take the TRA written test at age 12. Passing the written test is the only way a young person is allowed at the High-Power pads at a Tripoli Launch.

I can tell by your posts that you seem really into rocketry. Where do you fly your rockets? I usually fly at "Bong" in Wisconsin - we're going tomorrow (Saturday 8/12) to the Tripoli launch there.

So here's the thing, I'm just a bit curious about your request for the high-power reloads. If you're really 13, and if you are located in the USA - you have a bit of a problem. :facepalm:

I know you're really into rocketry, and I know you must have the NAR and TRA high-power safety codes memorized. You know the safety codes and the rules like the back of your hand, Am I right?

If you're maybe just a bit unsure about the rules - I'll help you out. >>> Federal law prohibits anyone under age 18 from purchasing, or possessing any high-power rocket motor, or any RELOAD regardless of size. The same law also makes it a crime to sell to anyone under 18.

Sorry - I'm not making this up. You really need to know this stuff!

I would never ask someone to sell me any kind of reload... I ask my Dad, and he makes all the purchases. - Or my Mom. My folks are both L2.

--------------------->>> Now that I got the heavy stuff out of the way, why don't YOU tell us more about yourself.
Do you fly with a club?
Got any pictures of your rockets?

Ok - Ill start... These are some pictures of the rocket I flew a couple of weeks ago at NARAM59.
We won first second and third in "Night Rockets"

Attachments

• 2017-07-30 12.27.35.jpg
    2017-07-30 12.27.35.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 0
  • vlcsnap-2017-08-01-19h57m13s620.jpg
    vlcsnap-2017-08-01-19h57m13s620.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 0
Yea lol. Well first I really wasn't thinking as I do know I can't buy the rocket engines. I should really say my mom. We are going to a launch soon for our level 1 and potentially her level 2. We will have to catch up sometime at a launch... i got my hands tied right now trying to finish helping my mom build her level 1 and 2 rockets, and designing a full scale Nike smoke. It will be built by students here at my school.I am also trying to rebuild my minority in rocketry standpoint, as I have sold all my rockets due to were I moved too, we had to bring the bare, then buy our stuff there... Luckily just bought a loc iroc, and will be hopefully building all loc kits 5in and up, that is after I figure out the Nike smoke rocket design challenges such as fins, noescone. Maybe next summer we can meet at a launch?

You can get the 29mm Aerotech DMS motors for under $30, that would be a good L1 motor and you don't have to buy any hardware. Buy them from the vendor at your launch and you won't have to pay hazmat fees. For the epoxy, I'd stay away from hardware store 5-minute epoxy, it tends to get brittle when it cures. The 15-minute or 30-minute stuff is OK. Also, don't rush into your L2... you'll have a lot more fun (and success) if you take your time.

Back