CTI 1 grain questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
I want to get a CTI 1 grain case. But I want to know, do you only need a case, or do you also need closures, etc?

Thanks,

I want to get a CTI 1 grain case. But I want to know, do you only need a case, or do you also need closures, etc?

Thanks,

What diameter case are you looking to get???

As far as I know, the 38mm is the only 1 grain case that doesn't require an aft closure. The 24mm and 29mm casings require an aft closure.

Or if you have some way to make fine measurements, just use a 1/4" drillbit and remove 1/32" for each second you want to reduce the delay.

Do Not Drill It Shorter Than 4 Seconds.

From BOTH manufacturers. Told me in person. Anything shorter than 4 seconds is not warranteed. Not worth the risk.

Thanks,

Learn more here >> https://www.pro38.com/products/pro24/pro24.php

Only 3 "E" reloads available for the 1-grain case, and one of those is a vmax - most clubs require electronic deploy as backup for all vmax motors.

The 24mm 3-grain case (plus 2 spacers) gives you the option of 12 different E and F loads.

Less expensive - if you don't fly a lot, the Aerotech SU (single use) E15, E20, E30, F44 motors (all 24mm)

The CTI 24mm case and closure will run $25 or so and each motor reload is $12-$16.

One last thing, I checked (in person) with two vendors that carry CTI, and neither had the 24 3-grain case I'm looking for. I already have one, I want two. CTI is unfortunately, not fully recovered from the fire they had.

Good Luck! :D

Back