CTI 1 grain questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

rockets

Reaction score
I want to get a CTI 1 grain case. But I want to know, do you only need a case, or do you also need closures, etc?

Thanks,

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
I want to get a CTI 1 grain case. But I want to know, do you only need a case, or do you also need closures, etc?

Thanks,
What diameter case are you looking to get???

As far as I know, the 38mm is the only 1 grain case that doesn't require an aft closure. The 24mm and 29mm casings require an aft closure.

rockets

Reaction score
What diameter case are you looking to get???

As far as I know, the 38mm is the only 1 grain case that doesn't require an aft closure. The 24mm and 29mm casings require an aft closure.
I'm looking into getting a 24mm.
Thanks,

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Or if you have some way to make fine measurements, just use a 1/4" drillbit and remove 1/32" for each second you want to reduce the delay.

Do Not Drill It Shorter Than 4 Seconds.

mpitfield

Staff member
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
If you're new, which obviously is the case, then stick with the tools provided by the manufacturer.

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
Is that true for all reloads, or just 24mm CTI 1 grain?
Almost all reloads, though I'm sure there's probably a few with low case pressures that could get down to 2-3 sec.

jimzcatz

Boss, Carolina Rocket Mafia
Reaction score
From BOTH manufacturers. Told me in person. Anything shorter than 4 seconds is not warranteed. Not worth the risk.

Sabrina

The WildChild
Reaction score

Thanks,
Learn more here >> https://www.pro38.com/products/pro24/pro24.php

Only 3 "E" reloads available for the 1-grain case, and one of those is a vmax - most clubs require electronic deploy as backup for all vmax motors.

The 24mm 3-grain case (plus 2 spacers) gives you the option of 12 different E and F loads.

Less expensive - if you don't fly a lot, the Aerotech SU (single use) E15, E20, E30, F44 motors (all 24mm)

The CTI 24mm case and closure will run $25 or so and each motor reload is $12-$16.

One last thing, I checked (in person) with two vendors that carry CTI, and neither had the 24 3-grain case I'm looking for. I already have one, I want two. CTI is unfortunately, not fully recovered from the fire they had.

Good Luck! :D

Latest posts