Crew Demo-2 Splashdown Live Stream

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reinhard

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley are on their way back home.

As of now, they have bit less than 2 orbits (3 hours) to go. Splashdown is expected at 2:42 p.m. EDT.

Reinhard

Crazy that there were so many private boats in the landing area though. I bet next time they keep the LZ a secret.

Congrats to SpaceX, really an amazing achievement.

Tony

Fortunately it was a rather boring affair. Easy capsule splash

I can't think of any interesting happenings that would have been a good occurence

Crazy that there were so many private boats in the landing area though. I bet next time they keep the LZ a secret.
I usually try not to wish harm on people, but I did find myself hoping the idiot who kept speeding through would get a parachute souvenir wound right up his outboard.

It was fun a thing to watch.
Anticlimactic, but fun.
Beautiful quad parachutes.

Here is a video of Doug and Bob getting off the plane in Houston.
It was good to see them walking, after being stretchered off the capsule:

Next time I hope they have the Coast Guard keeping those idiots away.

There was that one moment when the drouges were released but I couldn't see the mains yet. For me that was a brief heart-skip moment.

Re-using the capsule is great. But there's part of me that wishes this first one could be an exception, because I'd like to see it heading straight to the Smithsonian. I'm sure it'll end up there at it's end of life.

They tried to escape Earth during these crazy times, but unfortunately for them, they had to come back 😢
🌎🚀🔙😈👽
Better luck next time!

Back