Createx UVLS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dad of Sapling

Reaction score
I am having a problem spraying the Createx UVLS, for some reason it just doesn't want to cooperate with my airbrush. I'm using a .5 needle, reducing the UVLS, and letting with sit for 10+ minutes. I have played with the air pressure and it seems to spray in short bursts. It will spray for a second and then I have to wait and go again. Almost like it needs to refill. Does anyone have any experience or tips to share?

What sprayer? What capacity compressor? More info needed.

The TDS says to thin 20-30% for airbrushes and a .5mm tip needs around 20-25psi.

Attachments

• UVLS-Clears-TDS.pdf
    223.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a 3gal compressor with a separate regulator for the airbrush which is a Master G233. Maybe I'm not thinning enough.
That is my first guess as well that it needs to be a bit thinner.

The compressor should be fine, I have 3 compressors to choose from, a 60 gallon shop, a 3 gallon pancake, and an ancient Craftsman (I think) diaphragm style compressor similar to most airbrush compressors, none of which encounter a shortage of air when used with a airbrush.

I also have had issues airbrushing Createx clears. Same symptoms, Sprays some them stops, then will spray some more.
Thinning enough helps as well as increasing pressure.

Assume you are thinning with 4012.

Nope, you need to clean your airbrush. Take it fully apart, needle, tips, trigger. I like to use carb cleaner as it is pressurized. You might have to let it soak. Also I like an airbrush lube on the moving parts. If you get the one made for this it will not cause fisheyes.

Back