Create Simulation with Data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CameronMakesRockets

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I recently launched a rocket with my homegrown flight data recorder on board and I got some orientation data (X,Y,Z axis) and I would like to take the data and plug into some software to show how the rocket changed orientation during the flight. Currently I have the data in a line chart, but I can't gather what it is trying to tell me based on a line chart. See image below:
1660157327205.png
Is there any program out there that I can provide a CSV file of my data that will show me how the flight went?

Thanks in advanced!

orientation data (X,Y,Z axis)
What does this represent?
From what type of sensor?

I have been flying a 10DOF sensor package I built and still working on code to calibrate and interpreter the sensors. I do a lot in Excel then write code in Python to cal and analyze.

Have played with some Vpython to display 3D rocket movement.

Adafruit may have some code to disple orientation if the data in your CSV file matches their format.

Then use the code Adafruit has and shown in the link you posted.
Follow the tutorial they have on this board.

You mean like that

I have implemented such code in my altimeters so that I can replay the flight and show the rocket position overtime. It is a lot more entertaining than the flight curve

Latest posts

Back