3D Printing Creality 3D CR-10s 3D Printers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So early on I was having issues with PETG material, specifically Amazon Basics. I blamed the printer, the material, I thoroughly blamed myself, but as it turned out it was not my nooby-ness at 3D printing, so much as it was my nooby-ness at setting up slicer software. The CR-10S is an awesome printer, and can only print as good as the file you feed it. I have been printing all weekend in PETG, with flawless ease. No stringing, excellent bonding of layers, and best of all, first layer adhesion. The more I print, the more I love this CR-10S.

As to PETG, well, it has become my go to filament for most all of my printing, especially where rocketry is concerned... and since I am a hybrid guy at heart, may even look into printing PETG fuel grains, but that is another thread in another forum.

What did you change in the slicing that helped with the PETG?

I am having the darndest time leveling mine.
I bought a CR-10 S4 almost a year ago, but it just sat in the box in the garage because the "I don't want to smell melted plastic all day" lady said "no". Caught her in a rare good mood on Sunday and was granted "permission" to set it up. After struggling with seemingly roaming/random issues, I stepped back, had a beverage and gave 'er some thought. Decided to just disassemble the whole thing and start from scratch. Turns out all the problems arose from sloppy assembly/QC. Some hardware was overtightened, some loose, and some missing. Printed the cat from the card and was shocked at what this thing is capable of. I have several 3d printed objects I've purchased over the years and they all look like they were done by a 3rd grader with a hot glue gun, so that's pretty much where my expectations lay (lied?). The amount of detail and finish quality are amazing, and that's straight outta the box using the supplied (cheap?) filament with zero tuning of any settings. Chuck; If you haven't already, I'd recommend just taking the whole mess apart and start over.GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg

The articulating stuff is pretty amazing. Nobody I've shown it to wants to believe it didn't require any "cracking" or assembly. It is as, or possibly even more flexible than a chain right off the print bed.20190402_100614(1).jpg

Back