CRC Mid Power Rocket builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the gauges I made & pics of "Scooter the Steamship" in it's done done state(3x done after I clear coat)
Picture 4832.jpgPicture 4825.jpgPicture 4833.jpg

Well I think this will be the last build in this thread, so why not end it with a rare set of pics after I clear coated(rare if you follow my threads)
I'm real happy with the way this rocket turned out, it ain't no Fatboy quality, but not bad in my opinion. Happy launching All!!!
Picture 4834.jpgPicture 4835.jpgPicture 4840.jpgPicture 4837.jpgPicture 4839.jpg

'Scuse me, I gotta find my jaw, it must have fallen to the floor somewhere...

The detail... The tiny, tiny detail...:eyepop::jaw::jaw::cheers:

It's so awesome!!
That's really impressive, seriously. The rivets, door, detail pieces, and guages. That's all so much work, attention, etc. This has gotta be the most detailed rocket I've ever seen. Well done, CRC!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate

Thank you Nate!!! While I have seen pics(from fellow TRF members) of way better/detailed rockets, this is by far the most detailed one I own or have seen in person(I dont get out much :p ) I'm proud that I was able to get a respectable end result from an idea & term I never thought about, that was inspired by a few of Fatboys Acme Spitfire Pics.
But thats one of the reasons I joined this forum, so I could be inspired to achieve more & better results in Rocketry, both on the builting & flying sides of the Hobby.
Right now I'm painting my estes Conquest....pics to follow when it's done.

Thanks Guys! It's nice to hear compliments coming from talented builders!
When I get another mid power kit I'll start a new thread of mid powered builds & post the link to eachother on the threads. For now I only got a few low power kits to work on.

My steamship flew yesterday on a AT E15-4 to about 700-800' It almost landed on the school roof, took off faster then I thought(man those AT E's got a kick) & again I didn't get a good pic, this was best one(others a blur)
uvs140621-009.jpg

Thank you Les, I was real worried when it soared over the roof, but luckily it just cleared the other side.
I also launched my Acras on a G80 skidmark yesterday.
uvs140621-001.jpguvs140621-002.jpg

I had fun posting my builds in this thread, but I started a new mid powered build thread,https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?67364-CRC-Mid-Power-Builds-V2-0 as this one is starting to get long.
This thread will serve as a reminder of my first days into mid powered rocketflights, thanks to all who helped teach me while I learned about mid powered rocketry & to those who will help in the future as I still got a lot of learning, but I am learning.

This was a great thread!!
The advancement in your skills knowledge and building technique are clear and visible. Congratulations a bunch of great builds!

Nate

Thank you Nate for all your kind words, good advice & help! It cause of people like you willing to reply & help I am able to grow my rocket knowledge, as I said in my first post in this thread, there will be more, oh yes...there will be more! See you in the new thread:cheers:

Back