Crazy Jim's Gone Bananas again and is hosting a M2200 Skidmark Drag Race at LDRS 27

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agrippo

Reaction score
Crazy Jim is proud to announce an Animal Motor Works M2200 Skidmark Drag Race for 6” rockets will be held during LDRS 27 at the Rocket Pasture in Argonia, Kansas.

The race is scheduled for 4:00 pm on Saturday August 30, 2008.

All rocketeers are welcomed and encouraged to participate. Don’t let a minor size discrepancy hold you back. If you have a larger or smaller diameter rocket then bring it on!

Crazy Jim is hoping to set a new world’s record by flying more Skidmarks at one time then ever before seen on the face of the earth!

Thermite igniters will be provided to all participants!

Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of something special.

4.00PM Saturday works for me.

I will have my bird (6" Thor) ready to rock! The thermite ignitor will be most appreciated! :cool:

I will be hanging out with the GLR folks.

4.00PM Saturday works for me.

I will have my bird (6" Thor) ready to rock! The thermite ignitor will be most appreciated! :cool:

I will be hanging out with the GLR folks.
I'm bringing the wooden dowels, Jim has the thermite. Any chance you can donate some ematches?

Andrew

As I shall be flying in from Australia, I think I'm gonna struggle with anything pyro related.

I will be on the scrounge myself!

As I shall be flying in from Australia, I think I'm gonna struggle with anything pyro related.

I will be on the scrounge myself!
No problem. I'll be set up near the center of the flight line. I drive a red and tan Ford Expedition and I'll be flying the US and Louisiana flags. Come by and see me when you get there and I'll help you find whatever you need. Bring plenty of money!!! I'll have weak American beer for after the launch.

What day are you coming in?

Andrew

Crazy Jim is proud to announce an Animal Motor Works M2200 Skidmark Drag Race for 6” rockets will be held during LDRS 27 at the Rocket Pasture in Argonia, Kansas.

The race is scheduled for 4:00 pm on Saturday August 30, 2008.

All rocketeers are welcomed and encouraged to participate. .

I believe I have another participant for you :)

So how did the drag race go?
Any videos or pictures for us?
How many rockets ended up flying in it.
As a former participant in a Crazy Jim drag race I am very interested in finding out how the down part went as well as the up part.:lol:

From my converstion earlier this evening with Jim AKA Crazy Jim AKA Blackjack, the dragrace went well, and that 2 of the 3 rockets crashed/CATO'd, with AGrippo's rocket being the lone survivor:lol:
As he relayed it to me the LCO stated on the PA:
'Crazy Jim has wised up and is not participating in his own drag race!':rotflol:

Back