Crazy JIM is CALLING ALL WILDMEN!N-10,000 Drag Race [NO MILDMEN PLEASE]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
This is HIGH high power. At least commercial motors speaking!

M-2200 SKIDS NOT THIS TIME. " We be going" for the big guns at RG8.

Sorry I'm out of the SKIDY and into the CITY...... blink and be gone race! Sin city here we come.

It's official Crazy Jim and The Wildman are doing a 6in rocket N10,000 blast-o rama at RED Glare.

You know the CTI warp 9 version N-10,000. Burns under 1 second.

Well for those brave few who dare not call themselves Mildmen, you know who you are, the REAL Wildmen.

I convinced Tim it would be MUCH more fun to open this up to an elite few. So if just reading this, causes the red blood cells in your veins to pump harder, an undisclosed number [very few, they are still hard to get] of N-10000's are set aside for the Wildman Brothers to join in on this road to chaos & mayhem.

A special pricing will be just for RACE users only. PM me or call or PM Tim if you got what it takes for this one.
NO MILDMEN......WILDMEN ONLY!! If you've got the rocket, taken the oath, you gotta fly, or have your status revoked!

Even if you're not a Wildman yet, do this race and become one quick!

RULES :
HAVE a 6in or larger rocket that can handle the thrust of a 1 second burn N_10000.
No you can't fly a minimum diameter rocket.
No you can't put your nagging wife or girlfriend in for a ride.
No you can't pay with rubles or monopoly money.
No you can't pay with a check from Albania.
Yes most all other is open for negotiation.
Yes I will make you a thermite igniter if you want.
Yes you can come by the trailer and build your rocket the night before the race with us. [ as usual]

The rest will be announced at the race .
Rocketry.........an exact science......but not exactly!!
Edit/Delete Message

As this will be the first "official" N-10000 flights. We also will need some photographers with extremely quick fingers on the camera to capture this event.

Any photo nuts out there going to Red Glare? We would really appreciate your capturing this for us. Be part of this earth shattering event!

As this will be the first "official" N-10000 flights. We also will need some photographers with extremely quick fingers on the camera to capture this event.

Any photo nuts out there going to Red Glare? We would really appreciate your capturing this for us. Be part of this earth shattering event!

I'll be there, can't wait. Though I think Gus Piepenburg is gonna beat you to flying the first one... he's got an N10k in hand for the Tripoli Indiana regional launch the weekend before RG8 :D

I have a feeling there'll be plenty of fingers on the shutters for that event.

When you get a good complete roster of flyers you might want to add up the total N-s. Have you wondered if it'll set a record for most total impulse burned at once? (at a standard HPR launch, anyway)

When you get a good complete roster of flyers you might want to add up the total N-s. Have you wondered if it'll set a record for most total impulse burned at once? (at a standard HPR launch, anyway)

LDRS might have beat that. Hes setting the bar high!!!

Ben

I have a feeling there'll be plenty of fingers on the shutters for that event
Some mandated onboard/strap-on DVR's would make a spectacular video with the right editing.

Sounds interesting. What can an G+ virgin like me do there?

Last edited:

I will hit the shutter at 1sec,, and hold,, 8fps and a BIG buffer,, I might catch something.

Tom

Inquiring minds gotta know,, what does an N10000 cost?

Tom

Scary expensive:y: Seeing it is a 98mm 6 grain..and from pricing listed at Wildmans of loads going in the Pro98 6 grain case...

Sitting down?

$799.95(MSRP)

Well, to beat something like the PhoeniXL or the Delta III project from LDRS 25 (each with a total impulse in the Q range), you'd need at least 10 of the N10,000s (possibly more - I'm not sure of the exact total impulse in each of those). I'd be surprised if they pull that off. It should still be spectacular though.

Last edited:
Well, to beat something like the PhoeniXL or the Delta IV project from LDRS 25 (each with a total impulse in the Q range), you'd need at least 10 of the N10,000s (possibly more - I'm not sure of the exact total impulse in each of those). I'd be surprised if they pull that off. It should still be spectacular though.

The Pershing II motor from LDRS 27 was larger than the Delta III was in aggregate. The Phoenix XL was at least as large as the Pershing II, if not bigger.

I have motor data for the Delta III and Pershing II somewhere, but not the Phoenix XL. Though I have folks I could ask on the latter.

-Kevin

The Pershing II motor from LDRS 27 was larger than the Delta III was in aggregate.

I didn't know that (then again, LDRS 27 is the only one I've missed in the past several years, so I wasn't there to see it fly). How big was the Pershing motor?

I didn't know that (then again, LDRS 27 is the only one I've missed in the past several years, so I wasn't there to see it fly). How big was the Pershing motor?

Yah, I didn't think you had made that one. I know you made the two prior.

Pershing II was just a bit over 90,000Ns.

-Kevin

Yah, I didn't think you had made that one. I know you made the two prior.

Pershing II was just a bit over 90,000Ns.

-Kevin

Yeah - the timing with it being in the fall didn't work out with school. I did make it to New York last year though, and I'll be in CA this summer.

I'd be surprised if they pull that off. It should still be spectacular though.

Red Glare II had a 4 way O impulse Drag Race immediately followed by a P. Plus more M's than you could shake a stick at.

Story had it that there was more Newtons than at LDRS that year.

Red Glare II had a 4 way O impulse Drag Race immediately followed by a P. Plus more M's than you could shake a stick at.

Story had it that there was more Newtons than at LDRS that year.

That may have pulled it off then, depending on the size of the O motors.
That was in 2007, right? If so, that would have been LDRS in Las Vegas, which was one of the more disappointing LDRSs that I've been to. It didn't have near the participation that there was at Amarillo in 2006, so it makes sense that Red Glare may have passed it in total Ns burned.

Last edited:
That may have pulled it off then, depending on the size of the O motors.
That was in 2007, right? If so, that would have been LDRS in Las Vegas

It was at an MDRA launch, not LDRS.

-Kevin

It was at an MDRA launch, not LDRS.

-Kevin

Yep - I was referring to the statement that they launched more Ns at red glare than at LDRS that year. If that was 2007, LDRS was smaller than usual, making that task slightly easier.

Well, to beat something like the PhoeniXL or the Delta III project from LDRS 25 (each with a total impulse in the Q range), you'd need at least 10 of the N10,000s (possibly more - I'm not sure of the exact total impulse in each of those). I'd be surprised if they pull that off. It should still be spectacular though.

Yes, as you noted, I meant "in a single push of the button", not overall at one launch. It sounds like it'll be in the ballpark, anyway, depending of course on the number of entrants.

Back