Crazy Idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan S.

Reaction score
Well I am sitting here at my desk, in that strange time before you fall asleep, maybe delirium I dont know. Either way, I was thinking (or maybe dreaming) what if I put a 75mm motor mount in my Mission Impossible.

Right now it has a 54, 2 38s, and 2 29s. The fincan is completely built and that is why this idea is completly crazy. I would need to cut the sides of the airframe a little bit to fit the 38s back in there too. I dont know if this is stupid, or maybe so stupid its actually Genius, or maybe I am just to tired.

Anyway I thought I would see what you guys thought. Maybe I will build another fincan. ahh decisions.

What do you think?

It could work! The Gates Bros. have cored out several of there rockets for bigger motors, using hole saws among other tools. example is Aramis II, It originally was built with a 75mm mount, and then they cored it to 98mm, How it was done exactly, I don't know, But I know it can be done. Also, the 38mm could be kept by using another Gates technique, the hipped booster design, as can be seen in D'Artagnan, Aramis III, Athos II, and Porthos II.

HTH

we want pics as always!:D

Build another fin can :) Coring stuff out is a pain in the butt... you get a whole bunch of hole saws, screw em on each other, center them up, and then chew away EVERYTHING... besides, if you build a new booster you get two rockets!

yeah I thinnk that is what I am going to do. I will order the 6" tube soon

Back