Crap Shoot I Sport Launch - July 19.20, 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle3

Reaction score
Announcing Crap Shoot I. A two day launch to be held on July 19 & 20,
2014 at the MMAR launch site near Muskegon, MI (same site as that
recently hosted NSL 2014).

This is a two day sport launch hosted jointly by MMAR, SMASH, and JMRC.

Plenty of low, mid, high power racks and pads.
Several far away towers for big projects.
Hybrid and unistrut ready.
16,000' waiver.
All levels of rockets welcome.
Fun, relaxed, family friendly atmosphere.
Reduced launch fees for the weekend. $10 for members, $15 for non-members for the entire weekend.

Directions to launch site at Muskegon Wastewater Facility:
From Muskegon intersection of US 31 and M-46 (Apple Avenue) go east
6.9 miles to Maple Island Road and turn left (north) to go 2.2 miles
to entrance of the Wastewater Facility road. Turn right (east) and go
2 miles to the launch site entrance on the right. The club MMAR sign
(below) will be there.
GSP site coordinates:

N43 degrees 15' 44.4", W 86 degrees 0159" 4'

Post away if you have any questions or comments.

While I won't be able to attend as it's the same weekend as LDRS...I love the name. I can truly appreciate the significance!:eyepop::wink::facepalm:

-Eric-

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I don't see a current thread. With Crap Shoot 2 coming up June 13/14.. . I had a question

What are preferred campsites in the area?

Is either Chinook or Wolf Lake worth trying to reserve a spot, or would it be better to pay more and drive further and go to the KOA or state park?

Do we have any specific information about the launch? I would hope with it being a 5 club launch that we would be seeing some information coming out someplace....

The pj hoffmaster state park is nice , good luck with reservations though it books fast, I've stayed at a campground a little further north in Whitehall it was nice too was a county campgrounds can't recall the name , I never stayed at either of the ones you mentioned . I opted to get a hotel over there for the weekend . I haven't heard much about the launch,Even on the yahoo groups it's been quiet.

Back