Covid Vaccines

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

ThirstyBarbarian

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
There are zero risks documented from the vaccine and infertility. There is no plausible mechanism presented - just irrational fear. The vaccine has a very focal effect on very small populations of cells that generates an immune response. There are no structures in the gonads or supportive structures with similar structures to be effected.

As for the virus, it has much more global effects and is not focal or limited to a single protein. We do not know the long-term effects of COVID infections, but if there were going to be infertility or other long-term deficits, it would be from the virus itself.

The vaccine does not eliminate the infections, but it greatly reduces the likelihood of catching covid and the odds of having an asymptomatic infection. It is hard to estimate that effect because people are less likely to be tested if they are vaccinated.
That’s what I assumed, and I completely agree with you. Thanks for clarifying and providing the detail.

afadeev

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much same in Florida. Walk into any CVS pharmacy and they’ll give you the jab, no appointment needed. Naturally that depends on your age and the vaccine they administer.
In NJ, Walmart's and Costco's have gotten in on the vaccination train.
No appointments, no waiting, no charge, and no co-pay.

They do ask for insurance information, which may deter some who don't have any medical insurance.
The vaccine is free, but the act of administering is billed to the insurance (shows up as $40 charge).

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In NJ, Walmart's and Costco's have gotten in on the vaccination train.
No appointments, no waiting, no charge, and no co-pay.

They do ask for insurance information, which may deter some who don't have any medical insurance.
The vaccine is free, but the act of administering is billed to the insurance (shows up as $40 charge).
Best $40 you could ever spend.

less than 6 packs of cigarettes.

or 7 quarter pounder with cheese meals

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So, you're saying that the same amount of money that I could spend on two things that could potentially shorten my life I could use to get something that could potentially extend my life?
Bingo!