Cosmodrome Black Brant II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelltym88

Reaction score
just finished my Cosmo BB II. The paint job is not the greatest, but when you're 50 feet away while it's on the launch pad, it'll look fine. I modified it to take 38mm motors. It has rail buttons and 1/4" lugs. Cosmodrome puts out a very nice kit, the only gripe I have is the paint template was really hard to figure out.

bb II.jpg

bbII 2.jpg

bbII 3.jpg

bbII 4.jpg

the only gripe I have is the paint template was really hard to figure out.

Ya, I was never really happy with the painting guide. I'll have to revist that to see if I can clear it up a little. Anyone have any suggestions as to what would help more?

Mike, I wouldn't beat myself up about that.

The Black Brant II roll pattern is "goofed up"!

It's not a roll pattern...it's a roll random.

I have one and my paint job is better from a couple of feet away also. It is a great kit and always get's attention. Don't worry about it being perfect just fly the heck out of it and enjoy it.

Dan

The Black Brant II is one of those models that just looks fast standing still!

Did you beef up the tip of the NC? I've heard it is a bit on the fragile side, ...ask Dan. ;)

Definitely a nice build though!

Did you beef up the tip of the NC? I've heard it is a bit on the fragile side, ...ask Dan. ;)

Definitely a nice build though!

Nope. Just a few coats of sanding sealer, primer and paint. It has flown already on a 38mm sparky, but that was before it was painted. I'd like to launch it at night with a sparky, maybe at LDRS....

Thanx for the kind words as well.

Latest posts

Back