Coronavirus: What questions do you have?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got shot yesterday afternoon.
Moderna. A little tender in the stab area, but otherwise feel fine. Next month... 🤗
My brother and his wife got their second dose of Moderna yesterday also. He’s not feeling it... 🤒🤕☹️

So I got shot yesterday afternoon.
Moderna. A little tender in the stab area, but otherwise feel fine. Next month... 🤗
My brother and his wife got their second dose of Moderna yesterday also. He’s not feeling it... 🤒🤕

Each person is different but 60-70 feel ill after shot 2.

So, a little later on and I have a slight fever (100°). Other than that, not too bad.

Hoo boy, So that's what I have to look forward to for shot number two of the Moderna! Though I have talked to people who have had no issues with either shot other than a sore arm. Then again, I've heard from those that got number 2 on a Friday and felt like crap all weekend. Universally, all were satisfied knowing with the vaccine they stand a chance not to get it (Covid).
Am looking forward to number 2 anyways.

Kurt

Hoo boy, So that's what I have to look forward to for shot number two of the Moderna! Though I have talked to people who have had no issues with either shot other than a sore arm. Then again, I've heard from those that got number 2 on a Friday and felt like crap all weekend. Universally, all were satisfied knowing with the vaccine they stand a chance not to get it (Covid).
Am looking forward to number 2 anyways.

Kurt
For my second Moderna I had slight fever(99.5), aches, chills, and overall tired. Slept most of the day after the second shot. Oh yeah, had sore shoulder and a lump the size of an egg. All better after 24 hours.

For my second Moderna I had slight fever(99.5), aches, chills, and overall tired. Slept most of the day after the second shot. Oh yeah, had sore shoulder and a lump the size of an egg. All better after 24 hours.

Pretty standard side effects. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Don't mind the lump, that's just the nano-machines waiting for their 5G activation signal. Once powered on(usually no later than 24 hours), they disperse through your body, hence the lump being all gone............. :headspinning: 😂🤣 /sarc

Don't mind the lump, that's just the nano-machines waiting for their 5G activation signal. Once powered on(usually no later than 24 hours), they disperse through your body, hence the lump being all gone............. :headspinning: 😂🤣 /sarc

Naw, that is the GOV tracker that will soon populate your location on maps in the NSA command sight. (This is not true and is for humor only).

Naw, that is the GOV tracker that will soon populate your location on maps in the NSA command sight. (This is not true and is for humor only).

We should really decide on a "sarcasm" font color........it might help some........then again, it might not........

We should really decide on a "sarcasm" font color........it might help some........then again, it might not........

I would concur with that recommendation. How about:

[sarcasm]Naw, that is the GOV tracker that will soon populate your location on maps in the NSA command sight. (This is not true and is for humor only).[/sarcasm]

I would concur with that recommendation. How about:

[sarcasm]Naw, that is the GOV tracker that will soon populate your location on maps in the NSA command sight. (This is not true and is for humor only).[/sarcasm]
Close! Just have to move the closing tag to before the '(This is not true...' part so you know that part -isn't- sarcasm. :)

I’m fine now thanks, lasted about 24 hours. Mentally it is very good to have it done. I’m ready for my third booster/variant dose! Pfizer is now having trials in my area for a booster/variant third dose.

Had my second Moderna a week ago. Major headache (that is sometimes weather related), minor fatigue, chills (again, fairly minor). Never felt warm enough to bother taking my temperature. Took a couple naps (mostly in an attempt to dampen the headache) and was back to 90 percent in 24 hours.

Had my second Moderna a week ago. Major headache (that is sometimes weather related), minor fatigue, chills (again, fairly minor). Never felt warm enough to bother taking my temperature. Took a couple naps (mostly in an attempt to dampen the headache) and was back to 90 percent in 24 hours.
Oh boy, I'm looking forward to my second Moderna on the 29th. First one was a total non-event. Sore arm (localized) for a day and a half and that was it.
Hoping for a similar experience with number two.

Each person is different but 60-70 feel ill after shot 2.
So it sounds like that is the reaction you want to have.
First shot starts the immune response build-up and the second kinda verifies that it worked :).

I can definitely tolerate feeling crummy for a day or so after doing the right thing.
I have definitely made myself feel crummy on a Saturday or Sunday for doing the wrong thing the night before!:eggnog:

So it sounds like that is the reaction you want to have.
First shot starts the immune response build-up and the second kinda verifies that it worked :).

But what if you had no reaction (besides a sore arm)?
Does that mean the tracker / nano-bots failed to "take"?

Maybe means the tracker is in power-down mode to preserve battery, like the rover?

Maybe means the tracker is in power-down mode to preserve battery, like the rover?

Don't worry, your phone can still be used as a tracker in a pinch if the nanobots don't come back up to power. :D

So for someone who's been vaccinated but is suspected of having caught the infection anyway, wouldn't the antigen test be useless? They would have to take the PCR test right?

Different antigen tests have different specificities. As long as the antibody test is looking for something other than the piece of spike protein used in the vaccine, should be ok.

There are tests available for research and pending for medical use that test for vaccination vs infection and can indicate degree of immunity. These are pending. I have been using a test to do research that measures several different antibodies and B cell activity to determine prior infection or immunization.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my first shot on Monday, Moderna, and I came down with a nasty case of zombie brain. I could barely concentrate for about 30 hours. I even took a sick day from work. The evening following the shot I had chills and aches for about 3 - 4 hours. My wife had the same reaction. We pretty much stayed in bed for those 30 some hours. I'm mostly recovered tonight, my wife is still a little woozy. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't exactly fun, either. Hopefully the second shot isn't any worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back