Coronavirus: What questions do you have?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you gotten your vaccine yet? If not any idea when?
Cwbullet has said before that he wasn't a part of any of the vaccine trials so he will have to wait until something is approved like the rest of us. And, since he doesn't work in the "frontline" of the hospitals he is a part of, he won't be first in line to get one either. That said, he may have an easier time getting access to one than some of us who don't work in hospitals at all. Some years ago, the local hospital, where I then lived, offered free flu shots to clergy persons since they considered us a part of their care team. That isn't true where I live now, so who knows.

So seriously, how soon do you reasonably think until a) a vaccine is approved and b) one or more vaccines are widely available in urban and c) rural areas?

I divide that last part because many rural areas are the last to get a lot of things for many political and logistical reasons AND because, in Ohio, right now some of our rural areas are being hammered. The news isn't making a big fuss over it, but I've heard of at least two (one urban, one rural) hospitals near us that are turning away patients because their beds are full of COVID cases.

Cwbullet has said before that he wasn't a part of any of the vaccine trials so he will have to wait until something is approved like the rest of us. And, since he doesn't work in the "frontline" of the hospitals he is a part of, he won't be first in line to get one either. That said, he may have an easier time getting access to one than some of us who don't work in hospitals at all. Some years ago, the local hospital, where I then lived, offered free flu shots to clergy persons since they considered us a part of their care team. That isn't true where I live now, so who knows.
That was based on him stating a while back he volunntered for the vaccine. It wasn't clear to me at what phase it would be administered. Nothing is really clear these days!

Hi chuck
My sons father in law may have been exposed last week how long does he need to wait before getting tested.
Thanks

No vaccines offered to us yet, but we will be a distribution site once they are available. I would hope that my coworkers who treat the most covid cases and work the 911 trucks have the first opportunity. My role is a little more isolated from it, so they should be first in line.

My sons father in law may have been exposed last week how long does he need to wait before getting tested.
In Australia, based on a stupid student (confirmed positive) that exposed my wife possibly to the virus, it is day three down here. Then day 11 and if negative we still have to isolate until day 14. Not sure your local requirements.

So seriously, how soon do you reasonably think until a) a vaccine is approved and b) one or more vaccines are widely available in urban and c) rural areas?

I divide that last part because many rural areas are the last to get a lot of things for many political and logistical reasons AND because, in Ohio, right now some of our rural areas are being hammered. The news isn't making a big fuss over it, but I've heard of at least two (one urban, one rural) hospitals near us that are turning away patients because their beds are full of COVID cases.

Yow! You aren't all that far from me! Maybe an hour?

I am lost in America. We have demonstrated that masks and social distancing reduce cases. But my local county let the mask mandate expire, and guess what? Cases are going up again. What a shocker.

Chuck, if you HAVE to go on an airplane, do you have preferred mask type? do you recommend face shields? I am also assuming lots of hand washing .

Good question. I volunteered to participate in the testing and was ruled out. We expect to have them for clinical personnel in NOV to DEC.

I am lost in America. We have demonstrated that masks and social distancing reduce cases. But my local county let the mask mandate expire, and guess what? Cases are going up again. What a shocker.

Chuck, if you HAVE to go on an airplane, do you have preferred mask type? do you recommend face shields? I am also assuming lots of hand washing .

My recommendation for air travel is:

1. Sanitary wipes
  2. Hand sanitizer
  3. Face shield
  4. Cloth mask
  5. Social distancing if possible.

Are vaccinated people expected to continue to wear masks?

I would. Masks are to protect others and you may still acquire an infection btu it should be less symptomatic.

Are vaccinated people expected to continue to wear masks?
The real answer to this question can only come after a proven vaccine has been developed and we know its characteristics.

However, with most communicable diseases, immune (vaccinated) people can still be carriers. So, my assumed answer to this question will be "Yes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back