Coronavirus: What questions do you have?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Guys: let's not turn this into a race discussion. The fact is that a large number of reported infections in some areas occur in Black Americans and the outcomes are more severe. The fact is that poor outcomes happen in the same group. The virus does nto choose to infect based on race but risk and infectivity. We do not know why there is a disparity but it certainly could be social or genetic. It is conjecture until we can find scientific proof.

Speaknoevil

Reaction score
Guys: let's not turn this into a race discussion. The fact is that a large number of reported infections in some areas occur in Black Americans and the outcomes are more severe. The fact is that poor outcomes happen in the same group. The virus does nto choose to infect based on race but risk and infectivity. We do not know why there is a disparity but it certainly could be social or genetic. It is conjecture until we can find scientific proof.
Race is not genetic: https://www.sapiens.org/body/is-race-real/

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
I never said race was genetic. either way, you are dead wrong. The racial differences are genetic - hair color, eye color, body differences. Genes run in families and certain families have predispositions to to disease is what I was saying but either way, start you own thread if you want to start trolling for a response on race.

Last edited:

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
Perhaps you may think so, but speculation is how we come up with new ideas to look into. Being more concerned about peoples feelings than exploring uncomfortable ideas hampers that effort. I don't give a damn about appearing insensitive in this matter.
My apologies, I didn't realize you were involved in the research efforts.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Perhaps you may think so, but speculation is how we come up with new ideas to look into. Being more concerned about peoples feelings than exploring uncomfortable ideas hampers that effort. I don't give a damn about appearing insensitive in this matter.
If you are involved in research, thanks for your efforts from someone on the front and administrative line on COVID. I personally screened over 200 people for COVID in the last 2 weeks. I will be testing (swabbing) another 300 on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am grateful for any effort to reduce the burden on the American Public.

Bill S

Reaction score
My apologies, I didn't realize you were involved in the research efforts.
My sarcasm meter seems to have pegged on that statement. Its just that I get irritated when people are more concerned about appearances and feelings than getting to the bottom of something. This is pretty pervasive in science these days, I think, where ideas/theories that are against the prevailing attitudes don't get explored or studied because they might upset someone's feels. Not that the particular idea is totally insane or impossible (and even if it is according to conventional wisdom it still deserves exploration to confirm one way or the other), but that the possibility that it might upset those who control the grant money. Or it goes against prevailing social ideas and is automatically taboo even if the concept is scientifically valid.

If you are involved in research, thanks for your efforts from someone on the front and administrative line on COVID.
No, sorry, I am not. It was just dhbarr being sarcastic.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Hi Chuck, question:

Have you seen this and does this appear credible and well-designed to you? This is the first HQ study I've seen come out in a little while:

This appears to be the best to date. I still would not take the medication until I see more data. That being said, it is promising. The theory is sound and it has always made sense that Plaquenil would work. For me, if was given an option of medications, I would take Ramdesivir and steroids over Plaquenil. The evidence and theory is more sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Update: 3500 infections in GA. Our testing lanes are closed today. I was tested yesterday and negative. I not required to be tested, I would have not have volunteered to be swabbed. It is brutal.