Cordless impact wrench recommendations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afadeev

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I've relied extensively on my Snap On 12V cordless impact wrench (CT3110) for 20+ years. DIY swapping wheels, suspension, engines, trannies, just about everything.
But after 2-3 battery rebuilds, it's approaching the end of the road. The last rebuild shop I've used has gone offline for the past 4 months, together with my batteries. I'm now shopping for a replacement.

Ideally, the max torque could either be calibrated, or match wheel lug range (100-120 ft/lbs).

What are you using?

Any feedback on Snap On's 14.4 V 3/8" Drive unit:
https://shop.snapon.com/product/14....ct-Wrench-(Two-Batteries)-(Hi-Viz)/CT761AHVW2
TIA,
a

I have had a few 1/2" rattle-guns over the years. Pneumatic, electric, battery. Hands down the best so far has been my Bosch Blue (industrial grade) 18V which will do 250Nm (185 ft.lb). I have a lot of Bosch Blue so I already had the battery and charger, and just had to buy the skin. I think it is the most expensive skin I have purchased for that range but it is seriously good. Never let me down. As far as build quality goes it will outlast me.

Seems like they have expanded their range since I purchased:
https://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/cordless-impact-drivers-wrenches-104636-ocs-c/
Mine looks line the GDS 18V-300. They even have a 1000Nm one now!

Last edited:
For general building stuff around the house and working in the shop and garage I use a cheap Ryobi 18V. Been using it for bout 5 yrs now without any issues. Plenty of torque for driving lag bolts into 4x4's and will take the lugs off most cars.

I know you're looking for a cordless, but I use an impact wrench so infrequently that the mild inconvenience of a AC-corded wrench is less burdensome to me than the chore and expense of maintaining a ready set of specialized batteries for years to come. This one from Lowes offered hefty construction, a small set of impact sockets and 350-ft-lbs of torque at a price under $100 (and another 10% off that with the military discount).

1631055157936.png

Back