Copperhead Clip

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKP

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a picture of my copperhead clip. I made this on a whim and few days ago I tried it out and it worked great.

I know, I know, I could just get the Aerotech interlock thingie, but I don't have hobby store nearby and this was more fun.;)

DSC00094.JPG

DSC00095.JPG

DSC00098.JPG

In the last photo the left is the the prototype, the one on the right is the improved version. The charring on the prototype is from an ill advised attempt at soldering a extension to the metal, not from engine exhaust.

I know, I know, I could just get the Aerotech interlock thingie, but I don't have hobby store nearby and this was more fun.;)

Your clip looks like it would be easier to use (the Aerotech clip requires you to thread the igniter in a zig-zag pattern through it which is sometimes a pain). And, your clip looks like it would be harder to lose.

Plus, I bet it costs less. :)

-- Roger

I use regular clips with piece of masking tape
on one side, clipped on taped sides opposing each other....

Nice ingenuity!

Thanks!

I use regular clips with piece of masking tape
on one side, clipped on taped sides opposing each other....

That's what I've always done in the past. What can I say, I had a little time on my hands and this popped into my head. It was faster than the tape (which takes so little time anyway its a non-factor) and it worked perfectly.

I always udes the little tube that the copperhead comes in. I break it into two short pieces and slide each one on a single jaw of the micro clips. When the clip is fastened to the copperhead, I just have to make sure that the insulated sides are opposite.

Back