Cool things I found on YouTube or other videos...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got to England in 1987 and stayed until 1991. The car to have was a Cosworth Sierra. I remember that is what the Cops drove.

The cops in the UK often have the same cars as the local petrol heads. Except the cops have de-restricted ones... The Cosworth Sierras went like a scalded cat.

I've always enjoyed my encounters with sharks... (With me in or out of a cage)

This guy, however, takes it to another level...

Last edited:
he says, " they want absolutely nothing to do with us as a food source", so then we have to ask why there are thousands of attack through the years?

he says, " they want absolutely nothing to do with us as a food source", so then we have to ask why there are thousands of attack through the years?
Each year: less than 100 attacks and 10 deaths.

https://sharksinfo.com/how-many-people-die-from-a-shark-attack-every-year/
Animals attack when they're hungry and there's nothing tastier or easier to catch. Or when they think they're threatened. In the above video, the guy released the shark from pain and the amazing part is that the shark keeps recognizing him later on.

Reminds me of this:

Last edited:
This NASA short movie was edited before the Apollo-1 fire, so apparently released at the start of 1967, with 1966 footage (also, it may not have been widely distributed at the time, due to the fire). Among the scenes is the last Little Joe-II flight, A-004, which did a high-speed tumble abort. If you look closely you can see it start to pitch hard then the abort system kicks in.

Also, while it talks a lot about the Saturn-V "booster" a lot of the "booster" footage is the S-II second stage. It was the most difficult to build, as the 1st and 3rd stage design/fabrication were frozen but the whole vehicle needed to be lighter. So the S-II used a lot of tricks to make it lighter.

And, for once, the famous footage of the S-IVB staging, is in the correct context, as the second stage from a Saturn-IB launch. That footage shows up in a LOT of Saturn-V videos, but no cameras that tried to get that footage of a Sat-V S-IVB 3rd stage were ever recovered, it's always that Saturn-IB staging footage.

Last edited:
A recent, very detailed simulation of the Moon’s formation.

Back