Cool things I found on YouTube or other videos...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this one to be especially funny.

Last edited:
Interesting video on the preparations involved in a U-2 mission.
Gary Sinise details how it's a team effort.
So I wonder why a U-2 pilot could experience hypoxia and altitude sickness when they're wearing a pressure suit? Is that only if it malfunctions? Or does the suit only partially compensate for the altitude?

So I wonder why a U-2 pilot could experience hypoxia and altitude sickness when they're wearing a pressure suit? Is that only if it malfunctions? Or does the suit only partially compensate for the altitude?
They stated in the vid that the pressure in the U2 at max altitude is the equivalent of around 29-30k'. That is quite a low pressure considering there is almost no aclimatisation done like you would do to a similar level as when climbing Mt Everest, taking days to go higher and higher. Tolerance of this pressure is quite variable between people. At least they are not physically exerting themselves by having to walk uphill, but the variable human physiology makes it better or worse for some people.

Cambodian man catches world’s largest recorded freshwater fish​

660 lbs.
It was tagged and released.
Man, that would have made a lot of sashimi.
😁

Comments in the video:

"No injuries or deaths were reported."

"12 km from the center of Seville, in southwestern Spain."

"When the flames flashed over the equipment it was hot enough to ignite the fluid coming straight out of the pressure point. That’s why it suddenly tore the building up. It went from just high pressure liquid to essentially a rocket engine."

Last edited:
Back