Cool things I found on YouTube or other videos...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure personal flying cars can never go mainstream. Except for airshows, aircrafts have to fly hundreds of feet apart from each other and 1000 feet above cities, just to keep everyone safe. Flying involve changing winds, a 3rd dimension, and engine failure procedures. Those are not for everyone.

Here's a 3-4 min video of that Lilium jet.

Sorry I meant to say autonomous flying cars, controlled by a central skynet. What could go wrong?

If you not already seen this, it's a good one... Turn up the sound! And full screen!

it is mesmerizing. There’s a similar video tracking the Challenger crew cabin but not so mesmerizing.

Mostly quadrotor design, but with a small fixed wing in addition. Larger (2-person) and more upscale than the Jetson.
This seems way more practical. Two seater, 110 miles range, one hour flight time. Room for small luggage.
One could fly from HNL to LIH or OGG. (Honolulu airport to Lihue or Kahului airports).
Drawing on website shows it folded next to a car in a garage.
If only.

Last edited:
Why not put them in with the gas cars on Formula 1? Too embarassing?

I think each racing category (like F1) already has very strict rules even for the technical designs, so EVs had to make their own. Making rules for a mixed category would probably be complicated, and I suppose embarrasing either ICEs or EVs on their respective faults would be beside the point. The actual racing might be decided by who's faster at the pit stop and that wouldn't attract as much interest.

Sorry I meant to say autonomous flying cars, controlled by a central skynet. What could go wrong?

I'm not entirely sold on self-driving cars. An important area but not one I've explored very much.

Vroom, vroom
Whine, whine.

People like me say they sound like space ships 🛸 😁. At very low speeds, the artificial noise to warn pedestrians can actually sound like a very low key jet turbine.

This would be my chosen electric vehicle...

I'd like one of those too!

In this thread, I feel obligated to include a video in every post, so ... lemme see ... [quick YT search] ... here we go, can't go wrong with this:

It gets a little promotional at the end but I'm not one to argue about it.

And one more. Sorry this is starting to feel like a thread hijack, maybe a separate thread would be appropriate?

Done. It's the shark's den but I've played with sharks in the past and learning about Elon is what brought me to rocketry so I feel covered. We'll see.

Here's my other hero. (That's right, Marvin, Elon and Albert 😆 )

This happened last week.
Hermeus prototype hypersonic aircraft, "Quarterhorse" revs up its engine and afterburner in a static ground display. Obviously hype and promo.
We'll see if they get something up in the air at Mach 5.

Hermeus prototype hypersonic aircraft, "Quarterhorse" revs up its engine and afterburner in a static ground display. Obviously hype and promo.

'Hype and promo' are pretty de rigueur these days. Pretty sure you can't go the bathroom at Apple without a media release.

Nice rocket glider design for someone with more rocket glider design skills than me.

11 and 13 I know about, but Apollo 12? Who ever heard of Apollo 12.
(jk)
Here's proof it existed:

Recommended to watch? I have seen the shorts and it looks interesting.
Definitely recommended.
After it was cancelled by NBC Netflix streamed all three seasons and it became the #1 most viewed on that service. No doubt that gave impetus for a fourth season. Also the cancellation came after a cliffhanger. We want resolution!
:questions:

Back