Cool things I found on YouTube or other videos...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been watching The Flight Channel videos on You Tube.
All about air accidents and how and why they happened.
Saw this one about Pan Am flight 914:

Turns out it's an urban myth:
Did a Plane Disappear and Land 37 Years Later? | Snopes.com
But it reminded me of the plot line of the cancelled TV show "Manifest"

Been binge watching that on Netflix.
3 seasons then cancelled by NBC. No resolution.
Dang.

Been watching The Flight Channel videos on You Tube.
All about air accidents and how and why they happened.
Saw this one about Pan Am flight 914:

Dang.

There oughta be a law that any canceled series has to have a wrap up episode.

Dang.
[/QUOTE]
This was the only tv show that my wife and I have watched regularly over the past 3 years. The complexity of the story my have put many people off. ? None of our friends or family watched it. It reminded me of the “Lost” tv series.

Dang.

This was the only tv show that my wife and I have watched regularly over the past 3 years. The complexity of the story my have put many people off. ? None of our friends or family watched it. It reminded me of the “Lost” tv series.
[/QUOTE]
The “Lost” series though had a different fate, the concluding episode was very unsatisfying, it just sort of fizzled out.

In the 60's in Detroit I would hear sonic booms often. There was a Air Force base there. The last sonic boom I heard was 3 or 4 years ago. I was out in the desert watching a meteor shower about 3 am when I heard a sonic boom. My first thought was what idiot just broke the sound barrier. I watched in the direction of the sound and saw nothing. Sometimes the fighters from Nellis AFB will fly with their nav lights off with just the glow panels lit. You can only see those if your real close or using NVG's. The something went over me at low level. I could hear the air whoosing after it went over. I didn't see it occlude the stars as it went over. Now the airliners that are going into Vegas take several minutes to cross the valley. This thing did it in about 30 seconds. I the saw a red light as bright as a landing light come on. As it went over the mountains it made a descending left turn and disappeared behind the mountians. I've never seen anything like it. At first I thought a new plane from Groom Lake. But it wasn't headed that way. I couldn't imagine that it was going to Nellis. So my next thought was a UFO/UAP. But I'll never know. If it was an ET that would make the third one I've seen.

I see all kinds of cool techs in my daily life but nothing is more relatable than cars. Here are the 2 sportiest available EVs on the normal market right now, head-to-head.

And here's a famous off-roader I just learned about recently:

As for Lambo and Bugatti, they have new competition, so if they want to stay in the game, they have to move quick. Here'one of a few of these top 5 and top 10 videos I just found.

I got lucky to find an affordable used plug-in hybrid and the silence amazes me everyday (although me I'm more of a sunday driver all week these days).

Which one of you is Joe Barry?

That happened to me once with a small rocket.
The igniter pulled out, I didn't see it, and the flash lit the balsa fins on fire.
That's why every range box should have a small kitchen fire extinguisher.
Having said that I always forget to bring mine.
I guess a can of soft drinks would suffice.

That happened to me once with a small rocket.
The igniter pulled out, I didn't see it, and the flash lit the balsa fins on fire.
That's why every range box should have a small kitchen fire extinguisher.
Having said that I always forget to bring mine.
I guess a can of soft drinks would suffice.
I brought one a couple times. The gauge was in the green and now it's in the red. I need to get them serviced.

Okay, so my rocket is on fire.

It has a black powder motor.

I'll get it off the rod. Hold my beer...

Always carry a fire extinguisher to launches. Also to BBQs, in the kitchen, in the workshop, one in the car is good... I've gone through four in the last ten years. $40 is nothing when faced with a BBQ conflagration. #askhowIknow

Back