Cool things I found on YouTube or other videos...

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Comments in the video:

"No injuries or deaths were reported."

"12 km from the center of Seville, in southwestern Spain."

"When the flames flashed over the equipment it was hot enough to ignite the fluid coming straight out of the pressure point. That’s why it suddenly tore the building up. It went from just high pressure liquid to essentially a rocket engine."

Reminds me of the time the flow solder machine jammed and circuit boards full of electrolytic capacitors fell into the solder. Poppin' fun time!

Funkworks

Low Earth Orbit, obstructing Earth's view of Venus
Reaction score
Someone posted a pic of this in another thread, and led by the nose, as I am frequently, I went down that particular rabbit hole.

Saw that go by but have yet to find 25 min to watch - looking forward to it!

In the meantime, a hydrogen powered plane:

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Saw that go by but have yet to find 25 min to watch - looking forward to it!

In the meantime, a hydrogen powered plane:

I see your hydrogen powered plane, and raise you one that's powered by the largest nuclear reactor in the solar system...

Funkworks

Reaction score
I see your hydrogen powered plane, and raise you one that's powered by the largest nuclear reactor in the solar system...

Yeah. Chemical vs nukular. Not quite the same ball park, but both are very interesting. I did get a glimpse of the Solar Impulse in person years ago.

Last edited:

Funkworks

Reaction score
Randomly looked up the very first “daily dose of internet” video ever and it’s about a very odd rocket.

Funkworks

Reaction score

Funkworks

Reaction score
I'd guess it was a matter of altitude and rate of descent versus what the landscape was in an arc in front of him.
:questions: I guess that's what investigations are for.

Update on fusion.

Mugs914

Beware of the leopard.
Reaction score
It is a cool airplane, though. There is something about a swept-wing propeller plane that is automatically cool. Add a whole bunch of contra-rotating props and just goes full Gerry Anderson! :cool:

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
It is a cool airplane, though. There is something about a swept-wing propeller plane that is automatically cool. Add a whole bunch of contra-rotating props and just goes full Gerry Anderson! :cool:
The fact that something like that can STOL is *amazing*. I don't care how much noise it makes!