Cool G Sparky Flight =)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. If I remember, you said that you make these from scraps that AMW gave you, right?

Do you just use 1/2 grains like loki or the I grains? I have some AMW38mm laying around I might mess with.

Ben

Nice! Who sells the G54 btw? Looks as if it'd be a good park flyer.

Nice! Who sells the G54 btw? Looks as if it'd be a good park flyer.

Not sold. Closest thing that is sold is the PRO38 G Skid and the new 29mm G skids. I do believe the formula is different with the Pro series but I am not 100% positive on that. I think the classic AMW 38mm skids have more sparks :p

I designed this motor as a park flier, and flown it many times. Few times near Albany, NY, couple times in my Parents front yard, and several times at the school I fly at with the scouts. The motor was even used by AMW to do some tests but I don;t think I am at liberty to talk about that :p

Last edited:
Not sold. Closest thing that is sold is the PRO38 G Skid and the new 29mm G skids. I do believe the formula is different with the Pro series but I am not 100% positive on that. I think the classic AMW 38mm skids have more sparks :p

I designed this motor as a park flier, and flown it many times. Few times near Albany, NY, couple times in my Parents front yard, and several times at the school I fly at with the scouts. The motor was even used by AMW to do some tests but I don;t think I am at liberty to talk about that :p

Having just got back from a launch with many small CTI skids, I can tell you that they actually have significantly more grunt and noise than the AMW skids did in the same size. The I315 was less spectacular than many of the H loads that were flown. CTI has done skids properly. I don't think the sparks last as long, but there are plenty of them, and lots of noise.

I also saw some Pro54 J skids - they are excellent loads. I may need to get some CTI cases now.

Seems like the Cesaroni skids are faster than the AMW ones. Is it just me?

Way to go, Sparky...err...Doug! :eek:

Is it my imagination (or an optical illusion) or did your EZI-65 get just a touch squirrely right after it cleared the rod (or rail - couldn't tell in the dark)?

MarkII

Seems like the Cesaroni skids are faster than the AMW ones. Is it just me?

I think they're about the same speed, but with a higher Isp. I know the 54-6XL load is a K990 or something like that, which would fit that assumption (since the old equivalent was a K1000).

Way to go, Sparky...err...Doug! :eek:

Is it my imagination (or an optical illusion) or did your EZI-65 get just a touch squirrely right after it cleared the rod (or rail - couldn't tell in the dark)?

MarkII

Yes it did. I think it was caused by the lower launch lug binding with the launch rod when the top cleared the rod.

Back