Continue the Story

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketmanAleks

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A few of us forum members took over a 'one sentence novel' thread, and turned it into a 'continue the story one sentence at a time' thread. It was a ton of fun, but to let that thread get back on track, I'm starting this thread where we can actually build a story. Feel free to steer the story however you see fit one or two sentences at a time (as long as you don't violate the forum guidelines). I'll kick it off:

Jack had been told years ago that mirrors are the doors to other dimensions. Until today, he didn't believe it, but the light of the portal staring back at him from where his (now broken) mirror once stood was making him reconsider. "What's the worst that can be on the other side?" he exclaims, as he walks through the portal.

That he could see at least, as he found himself to be standing in what appeared to be a thin, but deep fog.

What was likely once an attractive girl, with a botte of tequila in one hand, a branch with a few limes hanging off one hip, an S&M GI.zz phaser on the other hip, and an extended finger pointing at Jack: "You... You did this.."

When he awoke, "Cindy" was standing over his near lifeless body that was oozing fluids from every orifice,
"Cindy" stared deeply into his bloodshot eyes and laughed, throwing her long hair back along with her head.
"So it's Jack is it," she snarled with a pissed off look on her face.
" I was lying to you Jack, my dear Jack" My name is not Cindy,
It's Betty Joe Bioloski"
Jack's eyes slowly closed as the darkness arrived again.
He was thinking "Betty Joe Bioloski, why does that name sound so familiar."
Then he passed out completely.

Upon waking, he slowly opened his eyes and realized he was on his own floor laying in broken mirror shards and empty bottle
of tequila with a label reading Betty Joe Bioloski.

Just then the door is kicked in and armed men flood into the room surrounding him. As a bag is shoved over Jack's head the last thing he sees is a Suit near the door calling into his radio, ”we have the assassin.”

Last edited:
As he's dragged out of his apartment, he glances one last time where the mirror once was, and he sees the faceless figure emerging out of the wall. "Do you guys not see this?!?!" he exclaims to his captors. They don't seem to be seeing what Jack is seeing, and yank him through his doorway, and into the dimmly lit hallway. He hears a booming voice, which he isn't sure is real or in his head, and it says, "Thank you for freeing me, mortal."

The agents spun around, and were shocked when they saw a large naked ?man? He was fat, wearing a wreath of grape leaves and the wine stained, white toga that he had was open in the front. Stained with the wine he had drunkenly spilled from the bottle he was drinking from. Bacchus had returned to the mortal realm.

Immediately everything goes black, which is then followed by a blinding light. Once Jacks eyes adjusted to the light, he sees that it's just he and Jak-ai on a grassy hillside, with nothing but more hills for miles around them. Then he notices something on the horizon...

Off in the distance, over the horizon arrives a young woman, Betty Joe Bioloski's daughter Billy Joe Bioloski. Several men cloaked in dark robes were rolling her into a spherical shape, similar to a bowling ball. A bystander shouted out "Say Jack, that bowling ball looks awfully familiar", to which Jack blurted "Omigod, that bowling ball, it's my wife!"

But Wingstop has no record of saving anybody, it can’t be Wingstop . . . but what can it be? I’ll tell you, says Betty Joe Jablonski, as she grins an evil grin. Nothing can save you, but . . .

She never finished her sentence because at that moment an energy beam blew a hole in her head you could see thru. Jack looked in the direction that the beam had come from and saw a vehicle with a green eyed lady inside. She was gesturing for him to come over. She was yelling get in if you want to live....

Shocked by what he had just witnessed, he suddenly realized that the hole in her head was suddenly getting smaller, as if it was healing. Taking that as the que that he really should go, he ran for the vehicle with the mysterious green eyed sharpshooter inside.

Back