Congreve Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cydermaster

Reaction score
Just stumbled accross a link to a company about to start trading called Congreve Motors; who are going to be selling 29mm motors IN THE UK!!!! :D :D

There website is: https://www.rocketmotors.co.uk/ - nothing there at the mo, apart from an awesome vid of some tests & launches. Well worth watching!

In a short while it may be us over here that can't get 29mm while you have many! Maybe they'll export.

Way cool! Nice promo vid! Yeh, I hope they do export them...they look good...SU and reloadables.

Would not mind having one of those Loooong burners like in their promo ad...:D

Very nice thanks for the heads up cydermaster, we will keep an eye on these guys.

Congreve motors is a really exciting development for the U.K. high power market.I think it will be now worth going through all the hassle of applying for the various licences and certificates that we need over here just to fly E motors and above:)

I bet they handle business and politics a little better than Jerry Irvine seems to ;) However, I can't deny that some of the USR stuff is cool...I'm just not sure if it all exists (i.e.- some of the stuff listed on the site-like huge commercial and military motors-only exist on paper). Yes, much of the stuff does exist and is in production...the guy is an active and successful rocketeer, and does run a business that sells some cool stuff, but the way he handles business and has handled it in the past isn't that good. But back to the Congreve UK motors...yes, the reload cases do look a lot like USR cases but the SU motors aren't brown phenolic like the USR ones are. I'm really looking forward to seeing more from them!

Todd - You have a good point. If you look halfway down this page https://v-serv.com/usr/crr75mm.htm you will see a static fire, and the caption says "Static test of a 75mm 3 grain WS motor in UK." Now if you look at the stats of the 3 grain WS motor, it says a 5 second burntime.

Reload Thrust TimeSec Propellant Cost
Pounds

L 1010 STD 225.0 3.8 Standard 298.00
L 1740 F 390.0 2.2 Fast 298.00
L 750 WS 173.0 5.0 Whitestar 298.00
L 510 FS 115.0 7.5 Firestarter 328.00
L 3440 FS 780.0 1.1 Buttkicker 328.00

I watched the Congreve Video, and timed the burn of the static fire. The burn in the movie is closer to 7 seconds, but looks an awful lot like the picture on the USR site.

I don't know if that proves anything, but there seems to be a coincidence.

Either way, they look like good motors and I hope they plan to ship to the US!

I have dealt with USR products and service and have no complaints,

Back