Congreve motors - any opinions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gillard

Reaction score
Hi

i'm currently using aerotech motors and cases (some Dr Rocket case as well)
however, the club that i have joined is run by the owner of Congreve motors (or the UK distributer of Congreve motors- i'm not sure which)
they look to be good, and cheaper than aerotech, but i'd have to buy new reload cases, and that costs, but i'd be breaking even on the cost front after a few years.
does anyone in this forum have any opinions about them.

I've never used them, but just looking at their website one thing stands out: they have sparkies (aka Firestarters (FS)) as small as 60Ns Fs! That I like! That's perhaps the one thing I don't like about AT - that they don't have sparkies.

Don't quote me on this, but I think you can use Congreve reloads in aerotech/dr rocket casings if you use the Congreve closures?

There the same as JI US Rocket motors just under another name.
I've never fired any of the reloads, but have flown the SU G Fire Starters back about 10 years ago...

JD

Hi

i'm currently using aerotech motors and cases (some Dr Rocket case as well)
however, the club that i have joined is run by the owner of Congreve motors (or the UK distributer of Congreve motors- i'm not sure which)
they look to be good, and cheaper than aerotech, but i'd have to buy new reload cases, and that costs, but i'd be breaking even on the cost front after a few years.
does anyone in this forum have any opinions about them.

Well, those Congreve rockets didn't do too well back in 1814 when the Royal Navy shot a bunch of them at my hometown of Baltimore. Oh, wait, you're probably talking about a more modern version.....;)

Well, those Congreve rockets didn't do too well back in 1814 when the Royal Navy shot a bunch of them at my hometown of Baltimore. Oh, wait, you're probably talking about a more modern version.....;)

Then again our 'Hale' Spin Stabilized rockets didn't fair very much better either!:eek:

Hey! Weren't those Congreve rockets they fired on Fort McHenry?

-Larry (Ex-Baltimoron) C.

Do the motors come with a T-Shirt?

What sizes are the shirts available in? Let me guess: "Big" and "Fine" ?

Latest posts

Back