Congress says some UFOs have a non-human origin.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is the arbiter of what is possible and what isn’t when it comes to unexplainable phenomena? How can anyone say there is not an ancient civilization that existed in the distant past that still isn’t here somewhere? Have you been like Johnny Cash and literally been everywhere? The bottom of the deepest trench in the ocean? Every unexplored cave and cavern? That’s that I’m talking about. That is an absurd notion? Sounds like omnipotence to me.

That's just it - the vast majority of these things aren't 'unexplainable phenomena'. You've simply ascribed the idea of them being unexplained to them with no basis whatsoever.

Who is the arbiter of what is possible and what isn’t when it comes to unexplainable phenomena? How can anyone say there is not an ancient civilization that existed in the distant past that still isn’t here somewhere?
Now you seem to be asking for proof of a negative. Or rather, to be challenging others to provide such a proof, secure in the knowledge that they can't. And you're right, they can't.

When one makes a statement, or presents a hypothesis, the task is not upon others to disprove it; the task is on oneself to present compelling evidence for it. In situations where there is evidence of related topics that seem to make the hypothesis unlikely, evidence for it must be very strong indeed in order to be compelling. You've offered no such evidence, only unsupported claims, pseudoscience, and astrology. (Astrology, of all things!)

The exception is the question of the sphinx's age, based on erosion patterns. You've presented evidence there. But even that is based on an unsupported statement that the extreme age is the only possible explanation for the erosion that is present, and that this one fact is sufficient to outweigh all other evidence that supports the lesser age. Thus, evidence it may be, but compelling evidence it is not.

As an illustrative example, one might make a claim that we share the earth with intelligent beings of pure energy. I can't disprove that. One might make the seemingly logical claim that, since "energy" has little or no inertia, it can make the full speed, zero radius turns that objects have been reported making. One might then conclude that those rapidly turning objects are beings of pure energy. I still can't disprove that assertion. I do know quite a bit about many forms of energy, how it is transferred and transformed, etc., and that knowledge gives me good cause to doubt that pure energy creatures exist, so anyone wishing to put that hypothesis forward must do so with very strong, very compelling evidence.

"That's the only explanation", one might say, "and since it's the only possible explanation it must be true." A more accurate statement would be that it's the only explanation the one making the claim is aware of; that is quite likely because the one making the claim has not made any worthwhile effort to find any other. The claim that it's the only possible explanation is not, itself, evidence of any sort at all.

The claims you've made have been as little supported as my made up claim about energy beings. If your claims on this subject have been met with derision, these are the reasons. And, in my considered and rather well educated opinion, they are good reasons indeed.

As an illustrative example, one might make a claim that we share the earth with intelligent beings of pure energy. I can't disprove that. One might make the seemingly logical claim that, since "energy" has little or no inertia, it can make the full speed, zero radius turns that objects have been reported making. One might then conclude that those rapidly turning objects are beings of pure energy. I still can't disprove that assertion. I do know quite a bit about many forms of energy, how it is transferred and transformed, etc., and that knowledge gives me good cause to doubt that pure energy creatures exist, so anyone wishing to put that hypothesis forward must do so with very strong, very compelling evidence.

Experiments in plasma physics have given hints of the possibility of lifeforms. One of our top intelligence intelligence officials at the head of the gov't studies has stated that UAPs may be "a different form of life". "Glowing balls of light" is one of the most common descriptions provided by witnesses.

Physicists have created blobs of gaseous plasma that can grow, replicate and communicate – fulfilling most of the traditional requirements for biological cells. Without inherited material they cannot be described as alive, but the researchers believe these curious spheres may offer a radical new explanation for how life began.

Most biologists think living cells arose out of a complex and lengthy evolution of chemicals that took millions of years, beginning with simple molecules through amino acids, primitive proteins and finally forming an organised structure. But if Mircea Sanduloviciu and his colleagues at Cuza University in Romania are right, the theory may have to be completely revised. They say cell-like self-organisation can occur in a few microseconds.

The researchers studied environmental conditions similar to those that existed on the Earth before life began, when the planet was enveloped in electric storms that caused ionised gases called plasmas to form in the atmosphere. etc...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4174-plasma-blobs-hint-at-new-form-of-life/

Who is the arbiter of what is possible and what isn’t when it comes to unexplainable phenomena? How can anyone say there is not an ancient civilization that existed in the distant past that still isn’t here somewhere? Have you been like Johnny Cash and literally been everywhere? The bottom of the deepest trench in the ocean? Every unexplored cave and cavern? That’s that I’m talking about. That is an absurd notion? Sounds like omnipotence to me.
The problem is not any element of your character or behavior, but rather your reasoning. Incorrectly characterizing as fact or reasonable speculation that which is actually built on false assumptions and logical fallacy. Perhaps the most prominent is incorrectly shifting burden of proof.

8C17BF70-F7C7-4C58-BCCE-8E7572C9EC65.jpeg

It’s important to be careful that “I have an idea“ doesn’t morph into “I know for certain” without the requisite evidence. It’ll take a lot for explanations involving extraterrestrial life or undiscovered societies to overcome Occam’s razor and the Sagan standard and gain widespread acceptance as a cause of the UFO phenomenon or anything else.

It’s important to be careful that “I have an idea“ doesn’t morph into “I know for certain” without the requisite evidence. It’ll take a lot for explanations involving extraterrestrial life or undiscovered societies to overcome Occam’s razor and the Sagan standard and gain widespread acceptance as a cause of the UFO phenomenon or anything else.
I think I’m beginning to understand. You mean how people can make the claim that they know the pyramids were built with an interior sprial ramp, yet the only way to really know that for certain is to tear down the pyramid and look?

Or perhaps the statement that most UFOs are people mistaking them for Venus, despite the fact that Venus can’t be seen in the daytime and it looks nothing like a saucer shaped craft seen in the daytime like the photo below which was classified by the British government as secret and only released when researchers found a copy (Calvine photo)?

If that’s what you mean, I think I finally understand.

B2E07771-1CD5-4E67-BF1A-FFB4CB2D51F4.jpeg

You mean how people can make the claim that they know the pyramids were built with an interior sprial ramp, yet the only way to really know that for certain is to tear down the pyramid and look?

Wrong. Think a little. Do you really think tearing down the pyramid is the only way to figure this out? Is cutting a human open the only way to diagnose medical issues?

The internal ramp has been found using microgravimetry. You would know this had you made the slightest attempt to look up and understand the internal ramp theory. I must emphasize, however, that this is fairly recent, which is why it doesn't seem to be that widespread. The theory was conceived in 2003 and the evidence was found only about ten years ago or so.

https://www.brown.edu/academics/arc...logy/files/publication/document/Rigby2016.pdf
1661605516048.png

The internal ramp has been found using microgravimetry. You would know this had you made the slightest attempt to look up and understand the internal ramp theory. I must emphasize, however, that this is recent, which is why it doesn't seem to be that widespread. The theory was conceived in 2003 and the evidence was found only a few years ago. Remember it's a huge pain to do archaeology research on the pyramids because of the approvals they have to get from the Egyptian government.
I think theory is the operative word here. The fact that it isn’t widespread puts it in the same camp as the sphinx erosion theory. There is some evidence, but hardly “proof”. Seems like you are quick to promote theories as truth when it suits you, while everyone else is ludicrous.

I have to admit though, this has been fun. I’ve been online since the early 90s. While the medium has become much more sophisticated over the years, the judgemental keyboard warrior schtick has stayed the same. That, btw is an opinion. Have a nice weekend.

I think theory is the operative word here. The fact that it isn’t widespread puts it in the same camp as the sphinx erosion theory. There is some evidence, but hardly “proof”.

Wow. I posted an actual picture showing the internal ramp with a paper explaining it, and that's not "proof."

I have to admit though, this has been fun. I’ve been online since the early 90s. While the medium has become much more sophisticated over the years, the judgemental keyboard warrior schtick has stayed the same. That, btw is an opinion. Have a nice weekend.

You know what else has stayed the same? The new agers, conspiracy theorists, and general scientific illiterates who cling to their presuppositions despite all evidence to the contrary and smugly mock the people who actually know what they are talking about.

I think theory is the operative word here.
Once again you’re demonstrating scientific illiteracy. Fact and theory are not rungs on a ladder of increasing certainty. Facts are bits of data or observable things about the universe, a theory offers explanations and falsifiable predictions.

For example, earthquakes tend to occur in specific locations around the Earth. Many occur along the edges of the continents and in high mountain ranges. Plotted on a map, they form a network of interconnected lines that encompass the earth. Earthquakes do occur off of these lines, but they are few.

This implies that the surface of the Earth is split among about a dozen or so tectonic plates that float around on Earth’s mantle and and bang into each other. The implication of this plate tectonics theory is that some mountain ranges formed by converging plates are growing over time, which has been tested and proven to be the case. Thus the theory is validated.

I’m not familiar enough with the internal ramp theory or anything else regarding ancient structures to know what the implications of them are, but clearly they have some manner of supporting evidence and are not mere speculation.

I’ve always believed that there are other forms of life in the universe, and probably other intelligent life, maybe even life forms and civilizations with more advanced technology than our own. But those other civilizations are separated from us by such great interstellar distances that our physics suggests there is no way for them to visit us. But what if they aren’t coming from that far away? What if the aliens are coming from Uranus?
My vote is for Europa.
Has the erosion theory taken into account that the Sphinx was used for artillery practice during WWII.

Last edited:
Wow. I posted an actual picture showing the internal ramp with a paper explaining it, and that's not "proof."

You know what else has stayed the same? The new agers, conspiracy theorists, and general scientific illiterates who cling to their presuppositions despite all evidence to the contrary and smugly mock the people who actually know what they are talking about.
Religious or spiritual people are oftentimes like that ie 'stay the same'. I am often caught in situations where the 'evidence' supports something other than my metaphysical beliefs. Maybe one day soon science will recognize metaphysics instead of prosecuting those beliefs like it has for the last 100 years. However, we are lucky that science seems to be catching up with the claims of metaphysics especially in certain areas such as, fusion and quantum mechanics. If my gray cells were higher in number I would have more of an interest in time travel. Hmmm...it seems I am off topic a little bit!

I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in priori truth.
Kurt Godel

Last edited:
My vote is for Europa.
Has the erosion theory taken into account that the Sphinx was used for artillery practice during WWII.
I think the UFOs coming from our own solar system is valid. Maybe even planet X is a contender? And what about rouge planets? None that I know of are orbiting our planets or sun, if a wandering planet has a very, very long elliptical orbit, or an orbit outside the plane of the elliptic maybe if it were distant enough it may remain undiscovered and maybe it could harbor life?

Maybe one day soon science will recognize metaphysics instead of prosecuting those beliefs like it has for the last 100 years. However, we are lucky that science seems to be catching up with the claims of metaphysics especially in certain areas such as, fusion and quantum mechanics.
Natural science is the result of reproducible observations and experimentation (data). And math is used to model it. You'll be dissapointed if you expect scientists to "follow" another line of thought (except maybe when they're off duty). If a thought is not grounded on data, then it's called something other than natural science.

And what about rouge planets? None that I know of are orbiting our planets or sun, if a wandering planet has a very, very long elliptical orbit, or an orbit outside the plane of the elliptic maybe if it were distant enough it may remain undiscovered and maybe it could harbor life?
A rogue planet is by definition one that isn't orbiting a star, and is therefore crazy cold.

Just hoping to clear things up here.

And while on the subject, here's something I had in my collection:

Last edited:
The irregularities in Uranus’s orbit that resulted in the hunt for a large Planet X were actually the result of a slight overestimation of Neptune’s mass. An analysis of the data sent from Voyager 2 confirmed this.
*underestimation of Neptune's mass.

Otherwise correct.

Funny story, astronomers made a prediction as to where Planet X would be in order to be causing the observed irregularities in Uranus's orbit, and began the search. By complete coincidence, Pluto was in that region of the sky at the time and was discovered because of the search for Planet X. Though it was quickly realized it was much too small to be significantly affecting Uranus's orbit.

Funny story, astronomers made a prediction as to where Planet X would be in order to be causing the observed irregularities in Uranus's orbit, and began the search. By complete coincidence, Pluto was in that region of the sky at the time and was discovered because of the search for Planet X. Though it was quickly realized it was much too small to be significantly affecting Uranus's orbit.

“In the course of our examination to determine what has been affecting Uranus, we found a tiny frozen rock.”

Ha ha! Still if ET's are real I think it's better to assume they are from our own solar system or closer than the nearest star. If only because I feel it may be easier to visit if distances are not interstellar distant. Warping (pinching? or puckering? space) .....not feasible unless we have missed something big in theoretical physics! Warp drive sounds cool but pucker drive may be a better name for it!

There is really only 2 subjects relevant to this particular forum. Speed of light. Possibility of life on a planet within a few years, not "light years". No doubt there must be life on the innumerable other planets in the universe, but we will never come face to face alive. There are so many greater and extraordinary subjects to explore besides UFOs, extraterrestrials, or God's. Let us focus on fact and truth, and let us be realistic, not

What a waste of time. Unless you can travel the speed of light which not even a proton is capable just stop speaking in the speed of ignorance. Thank you.
Bryan

No offense to Congress, but I am not sure they are experts on the non-human origin; then again, I might be wrong. Heck, I am concerned they may not understand the human origin.

Balbek in Lebanon is another perfect example. The base made out of massive 800 ton monoliths with some much later Roman construction on top.
I need to issue a correction for one of my earlier posts.

Before, I asserted that the Trilothon stones at Baalbek were not 800 tons, referring to the "Ancient Aliens Debunked" video that I previously posted. After having re-watched the video myself, it turns out that I mixed up what they were debunking - Ancient Aliens claimed that the stones at Puma Punku were 800 tons, and that is not true, with the heaviest being in the 130-140 ton range or so.

The Trilothon stones at Baalbek are indeed in the neighborhood of 800 tons, but they were put into place by the relatively-technologically-advanced Romans, not bronze agers, as part of a retaining wall to protect the temples built atop the hill against soil erosion, an application that requires use of the most weight the builders can get in order to press down hard on the ground. There is an older Canaanite temple site under the Roman construction, but the 800 ton stones are not part of it.

Today is the official start date for NASA's independent study of UAP. The official announcement includes what we've heard previously about the parameters and processes for the data review. New is the list of participants aside from chair David Spergel. It's an impressive catalogue of disciplines, employments, and honors, the roster including NASA, FAA, AIAA, astronaut, and SETI backgrounds, and emphasizing data utilization. See the UAP FAQs linked at the announcement's end for more details.

NASA has selected 16 individuals to participate in its independent study team on unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP). Observations of events in the sky that cannot be identified as aircraft or as known natural phenomena are categorized as UAPs.

The independent study will begin on Monday, Oct. 24. Over the course of nine months, the independent study team will lay the groundwork for future study on the nature of UAPs for NASA and other organizations. To do this, the team will identify how data gathered by civilian government entities, commercial data, and data from other sources can potentially be analyzed to shed light on UAPs. It will then recommend a roadmap for potential UAP data analysis by the agency going forward.

The study will focus solely on unclassified data. A full report containing the team’s findings will be released to the public in mid-2023.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-announces-unidentified-aerial-phenomena-study-team-members/

Back