Congrats to hobie1dog

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the better days I've had in many years and I had a lot of help. I got that pesky L2 written test out the way first. Chuck @cwbullet loaned me his 54 mm delay tool which I gave to Jonathan Hill who was next to us, he used it on the delay grain since I've got such messed up hands and I wanted it done right, then the two young guys parked next to us helped us load the rocket on the launch rail and inserted the igniter in the rocket. The stock CTI igniter bit the bullet and failed to ignite. Chuck then came to the rescue again with one of his hot rod igniters that he makes, and passed it to me and said, "this one will light". The CTI J380 soared to near 2500 feet. The 5 foot parachute had the rocket slowly drift about 1/3 of a mile and found the only batch of rocks on the whole sod farm. Chuck then offered to go retrieve the rocket and bring it back and then signed off on my paperwork. I then prepped the Blobbo with a D12 loaded in it which was a great launch and it sat back down on the grass about 30 yards from the launch rod to where I ran my powerchair over and got it without any help.
My wife picked up a birthday cake for John Kemper so that he could surprise his wife on her birthday. Hopefully he got some much-needed brownie points with her.
The 2 young guys from Charleston, and a guy I worked with 20 years ago, Daniel Rushing
egbJp5M.jpg

Last edited:
My phone messed up the video of the launch :mad: so if there was anybody else that captured my launch on video please post it up for me so I can save it.
Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back