Cone shaped nose cone for BT80 tubes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bibbster

Reaction score
Does anyone make a plastic nose cone like the Estes 071044 (seen in the Astron Explorer) that will fit a BT80 tube? I've scoured the interwebs but have not yet found what I am looking for.

Bibbster, do you want it scaled up from the Estes shape? I think there is on thingiverse or cults the STL files for that shape and all you would need is the exact measurement to fit the BT-80 for printing. Give me a shout and I'll try a print for you.

Bibbster, do you want it scaled up from the Estes shape? I think there is on thingiverse or cults the STL files for that shape and all you would need is the exact measurement to fit the BT-80 for printing. Give me a shout and I'll try a print for you.

Sent you a PM. :)

Does this look like the shape you need? Also, it will be about 65.02 mm on the insert up to the shoulder. Does this fit your requirements?

Attachments

• JNC1.png
    JNC1.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 16
That looks pretty close to what I am looking for. What is overall length? That shoulder size is perfect!

Hi bibbster, take a look at the thumbnails. The caliber measurement is 62.82 but the entire nosecone falls into my BT80 tube that I use for reference. I am printing another NC that fits the measurement I just took of 64.6 to see if that fits better. Coming right along!

Attachments

• 603.jpg
    603.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 603-160.jpg
    603-160.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 33
I am going to tag this so I can check it out later, should I decide to upscale a rocket I have been flying (Talon) to BT-80. :) The current one is a BT-55 body tube.

Attachments

• DSC02417.JPG
    DSC02417.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 20
Nice looking rocket, Bill. My need for this is for a custom build. Once I have all the necessary parts I will likely do a build thread, or at the very least post progress pics.

When I set out to design Tri-Oomph!! I looked for a Big Bertha style nosecone that would fit a Bt-101body tube but to no avail.
Thankfully somebody here on the Rocketry Forum was gullible and easily led . . . I mean friendly and willing to lend a hand, and he 3D printed me one for a reasonable price.
1647367454687.png

Last edited:
Back