Computer Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Is there a way to create a "screen shot" of anything that happens to be on your moniter screen?

Press the PrintScreen button, open up a graphics package (paint) and click "Paste" in the Edit menu. - You can then save it and do what you want with it.

hth

You can hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard and it will copy what is displayed on the screen to the clipboard. Then all you have to do is go into a program and "paste" it in.
Ctrl+V is a shortcut for paste.

Tim

Originally posted by slim_t
You can hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard and it will copy what is displayed on the screen to the clipboard. Then all you have to do is go into a program and "paste" it in.
Ctrl+V is a shortcut for paste.

Tim

Excellant! Thanks:D

I use the "Print Screen" copy and paste technique all the time to save Rocksim results, since I have only the demo version. It's very handy.

Explore "SHIFT"/"PRINT SCREEN" and "CNTL"/"PRINT SCREEN" as well.

One of them will copy *only* the active window which is very usefull sometimes.

jim

Originally posted by jflis
Explore "SHIFT"/"PRINT SCREEN" and "CNTL"/"PRINT SCREEN" as well.

One of them will copy *only* the active window which is very usefull sometimes.

jim

ALT and PRINT SCREEN will only copy the active window to the clipboard.

How about recording screen shots? For example during an intense shoot out on Counter Strike?

Originally posted by rocketsonly
How about recording screen shots? For example during an intense shoot out on Counter Strike?
Theres a program they have for that i play online games such as Unreal tounement and i used to make portfolios. Theres another thatll record live video feeds from your computer screen also.

The live video one is called FRAPS. There is a free restricted trial version at https://www.fraps.com. Resolution is limited to VGA settings (if that high) on the trial version.

A better solution if you have DVI out and a digital camcorder is to actually record on the camcorder as a 2nd display off the video card. You'll get better resolution and much better framerates (running FRAPS in the background can really sap performance on games with high specs).

Originally posted by KermieD
The live video one is called FRAPS. There is a free restricted trial version at https://www.fraps.com. Resolution is limited to VGA settings (if that high) on the trial version.

A better solution if you have DVI out and a digital camcorder is to actually record on the camcorder as a 2nd display off the video card. You'll get better resolution and much better framerates (running FRAPS in the background can really sap performance on games with high specs).
agreed totally with kermie. These progs are HUGE ram killers and love to mess with video card performance.

Latest posts

Back