Computer Issues

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Within the last 3 weeks, I have had an e-mail problem that I think might be related to a virus of some sort...need opinions on this! What happens is every once in a while, I get about 300 or so e-mails at once, but they are all old one's (repeat) from like November etc,.

These are not AOL e-mails, but come through my Netzero account into an outlook type client.

I do delete them, but every so often, my server just dumps them in ever so often. Yes, I do clean out my deleted file as well...and..Yes, I do run virus software every 2-3 days with updates that are current. HELP

flying_silverad,

The latest mass mailing email worm/virus was MyDoom. It has taken the lead for the fastest spreading email virus. Microsoft even put out a $250,000.00 bounty for information leading to the arrest of the virus writers. It falls within the time frame you mention. You may want to run another virus scan tool. I run one tool all the time, but use 2 or 3 different tools to scan the machine if I expect something isn't right. You may want to download McAfee's Stinger scan tool. It's a great supplement to your normal scanner.

Here's the download link: https://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Good luck!

Also, check on your e-mail settings to see if it is set to delete the e-mails off the server when you check the e-mail. For example, with my e-mail, I have the web based clint keep the e-mails on the server, but when I use my main e-mail program, it deletes those e-mails off of the server.

sounds like my doom my friends here and a few guys on the computer forums im on have got it already quite a few times

Back