• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Composites! Kevlar, Carbon Fibre, Fiberglass. Milled & Chopped

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I will be supplying and making composite items. As of now I have Milled and Chopped fibers, but will expand to cloth, plate, epoxy etc.

Click to see or discuss the current materials and future items. ------------>https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?135246-Milled-Carbon-Fiber-chopped-carbon-and-kevlar

20160804_225408_zpsg3utnlev.jpg

** Please post your order in the thread, you can PM as needed.

** I will PM you with your total, get your shipping and email address.

If there isn't enough stock to fill your complete order, I will reserve your total requested order, to be filled on the next monthly shipment if you would like.

:)

**Shipping is 7$ USPS First Class w/Tracking in USA. PM me for international rates and quantities.

**Each order comes with ONE 30cc Syringe. All measurements are by weight, keep in mind materials are extremely high volume, low mass. A little goes a long way.

Thank you!

30cc Catheter tip syringe, offset. Can cut or angle tip as needed.

20160804_225914_zpshzemgumy.jpg

Current Stock: 21

$1.35 Each

1/32 Milled Fiberglass. Virgin S glass tow. Mix with epoxy/resin/CA.

2oz in a 4oz Jar.

20160725_185629_zpsb0dxmnny.jpg

Current Stock: 4 Jars

$5.50 Each.

Milled Kevlar(R) which has the texture almost like recycled paper. Virgin 12K Kevlar tow chopped and milled with no binder. Mixes very well with epoxy/resin/CA. It breaks up and suspends in the matrix. Also can mix with a few drops of acetone or alcohol to suspend and add to epoxy/resin.
.3oz in a 12oz jar

20160725_191707_zpsb08nyfbr.jpg

Current Stock: 7 Jars

$9.50 Each.

1/8in. chopped carbon fibre. Virgin 6-12k tow with a polymer binder on one side and cut. Mix with epoxy/resin/CA.

1oz in a 4oz Jar.

20160725_194501_zpsbr4lsxxg.jpg

Current Stock: 7 Jars

$9.50 Each.

1/4in. Chopped Carbon Fibre. Virgin 6-12k tow with a polymer binder on one side and cut. Mix with epoxy/resin/CA

2oz in a 12oz Jar.

20160725_200705_zpshglq9qik.jpg

Current Stock: 4 Jars

$9.50 Each.

Milled Carbon Fibre. Absolute virgin carbon fibre tow with no binder, chopped then milled. This is NOT made from scrap, bound tow, cured sheet, recycled parts or trimmings. Mix with epoxy/resin/CA
1.25oz in a 4oz Jar.

20160725_201646_zpsnpukrgwc.jpg

Current Stock: 79 Jars.

$9.50 Each.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to order 1 jar of milled fiber glass & 2 jars of the 1/4 inch chopped CF. Please PM with further transaction details.

Thanks,
Fred

If you have any left. I would like a jar of each item and 2 extra syringes.

All Inventory updated, all in stock orders up to now, have an invoice sent.

Waiting list/Future orders updated as well

Thank you,

A Bulk shipment will be here in 2-3 weeks, should be stocked up for a while. :)

Last edited:
Offset syringe really helps up against a fin for internals..even better than the Luer tips

Kenny

Who is the manufacturer for that syringe? I have been looking for those for my day job.

Sorry I can't get around to using them on rockets just yet, but holy crap do these items ever make epoxys and cloths into things they could never be without them!!!
When my small sample sizes are gone, I too will become a paying or bartering customer!
The milled Carbon is great for coloring the FG layer underneath a layer of CF!!!

Top Toilet 2016-08-09 001.jpgTop Toilet 2016-08-09 002.jpg

Edit To Add:

It's all put back together now, and it's nice and reassuring to know that the epoxy has the milled products in it, and will likely never fail.:)

cf  toilet repair 2016-08-10 004.jpgthe Head 2016-08-12 001.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks TopRamen! It is good stuff. I have been using the kevlar both milled or chopped or CF Chop mixed with rocketpoxy lately and the results are fantastic.

Last edited:
Howdy... That looks like some nice stuff.

I would like 1/8 and 1/4 of chopped CF and 5 syringes pls. Pm me for email address, etc. Thanks

Hi Salvage, I sent you a PM. The 1/8th carbon is on order as of Friday . Half of the order got here today so it should be here shortly. I will send you a PM with invoice once it is in my hand. Thank you!

Rob,

The shipment was received in a timely fashion, well packed, and the quantity of carbon & milled fiber glass (2 ounces each) are plenty for multiple applications. I'll be glad to buy more when the current stock dwindles.

Fred
L2, ROSCO
KG4YGP

All Inventory updated. All in stock orders up to now, have an invoice sent.

Paypal terms updated. No more 3% :)

Waiting list/Future orders updated as well.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Back