Composite Warehouse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a 4" Bullpup two weeks ago. Got a shipping notice, but kit didn't ship for another week, but it did ship.
ETA next Monday.

My 5" Bullpup inch has shipped and scheduled for Friday delivery.

I ordered a 4" Bullpup two weeks ago. Got a shipping notice, but kit didn't ship for another week, but it did ship.
ETA next Monday.

That's not an uncommon business practice in general, especially this time of year with regular 'sales' and the BF/BS madness. Unlike MadCow and LOC, most other rocket vendors make up the "kits" to order from raw materials. That allows the greatest flexibility with their raw materials and ensures that a pre-bagged 'kit' never sits as dead stock.

Please post pics.... that 5" size seems perfect. :)

Will do. It should be this weekend if USPS delivers as scheduled. Lately packages sometimes stall at a distribution center about 20 miles from my house.

5" Bullpup arrived Monday. Seemed to travel slow though the USPS system even though it was sent priority mail. All the parts and vinyl decals look great. I will try and post some pictures in the next few days. I may do a build tread between Christmas and New Years since I am usually off work that week.

Ordered an X-Celerator and Lotus 3 in October. Took 4 weeks to get but both kits are very nice. They were very accommodating in making a couple custom changes to one of the kits. Finished the Lotus 3 and now working on the X-Celerator.
L3.jpg

Ordered an X-Celerator and Lotus 3 in October. Took 4 weeks to get but both kits are very nice. They were very accommodating in making a couple custom changes to one of the kits. Finished the Lotus 3 and now working on the X-Celerator.
View attachment 441588
Sweet!
I recently purchased the same kit. It will probably get built next summer.

Btw, love the hog in the background. 👍

Here are a few pictures of the parts from the 5" Bullpup. The 75mm Aeropack shown is from my stash.

Attachments

• 20201208_111346.jpg
    20201208_111346.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20201208_111455.jpg
    20201208_111455.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20201208_111530.jpg
    20201208_111530.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20201208_111638.jpg
    20201208_111638.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
My 4" Bullpup was dropped off by FedEx about an hour ago... Unfortunately, I'm out of town... Home this Saturday, then gone for another week. Wife is heading down to Phoenix for Christmas, I'm staying home... guess what I'll be doing?!?! :)

Here are a few pictures of the parts from the 5" Bullpup. The 75mm Aeropack shown is from my stash.

So the plate that goes inside the nose cone an supports the canard fins, does that "land" in the middle of the fins, or the top of the fins?

Having that plate in there is going to make head-end deploy challenging.

Really trying to talk myself out of buying the 5".... :)

So the plate that goes inside the nose cone an supports the canard fins, does that "land" in the middle of the fins, or the top of the fins?

Having that plate in there is going to make head-end deploy challenging.

Really trying to talk myself out of buying the 5".... :)

I need to line it all up and set it in there. It does look like it will make for a small chute compartment. I am also worried about d bag snagging on fins on the inside.

Here are a few pictures of the 5" Bullpup nose cone assembly set together. I will probably make some changes when I do put together.

Attachments

• 20201210_103339.jpg
    20201210_103339.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20201210_103428.jpg
    20201210_103428.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20201210_103455.jpg
    20201210_103455.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 73
Here are a few pictures of the 5" Bullpup nose cone assembly set together. I will probably make some changes when I do put together.
Assuming you don't need the full 9" long coupler for your avionics sled, maybe consider dropping the avionics top lid down into the coupler a bit to free up some real estate?
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...-5-5-nike-smoke-kit-bash.140690/#post-1700762https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...-5-5-nike-smoke-kit-bash.140690/#post-1700975

Here is a quick Rocksim for the 5 inch Bullpup. I will probably go in at some point before assembly and weigh each component

Attachments

• Composite Warehouse 5 inch Bullpup.rkt
    53.8 KB · Views: 51

Anybody else having trouble viewing the first attachment? I get a black screen on your first attachment in both posts. The other attachments are fine.

Here is a quick Rocksim for the 5 inch Bullpup. I will probably go in at some point before assembly and weigh each component
Brent,
I converted your RockSim file to an OpenRocket file and fixed a few things that did not translate well in the conversion.

Note: Your RockSim lists a 98mm MMT and AeroPack 98mm retainer. The flange on that retainer has a diameter that is too large for the back end of the Bull Pup. Is this correct?

Note: Your RockSim lists a 98mm MMT and AeroPack 98mm retainer. The flange on that retainer has a diameter that is too large for the back end of the Bull Pup. Is this correct?

If true, then I would recommend Giant Leap's 98mm Threaded SlimLine Retainer.

Attachments

• 5 inch Bullpup.ork
    152.2 KB · Views: 3
That is strange. I just opened my drawing up and it shows a 75 mm motor mount. Is something in your conversion? The Aeropack was just a mass object at the end of the motor tube.

Assuming you don't need the full 9" long coupler for your avionics sled, maybe consider dropping the avionics top lid down into the coupler a bit to free up some real estate?
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...-5-5-nike-smoke-kit-bash.140690/#post-1700762https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...-5-5-nike-smoke-kit-bash.140690/#post-1700975

I was thinking that perhaps two coupler centering rings and a short motor mount could be used to house some electronics in the nose cone. I’ve done it with other rockets, not with a barometric based altimeter, but perhaps an accelerometer; I have used a magnetic apogee detector, only you have to be careful with ferrous metals, as they mess with the detector.

I just received mine but mine didn’t come with the slotted bulk plate for the forward fins. My first BullPup and I’m interest on how much weight is needed in the nose.

Back