Composite Warehouse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it did. Too bad, because it had one of the funniest videos I’ve seen in a while.

If you want to place an order, just google it

Dis the Composite Warehouse thread disappear? I can't seem t o find it. Was thinking about placing an order.

I dont know. What I do know is the TRF is pro certain vendors and anti other vendors. Why cant we all be capitalistic and free market. Let the individual make their own choice on who they want to buy from. This forum is in a way a "Lobbyist" for some. The forum should stay neutral.

The Composite Warehouse thread was started by me, the thread was locked and evidently removed as individuals were aggressively disagreeing with each other to the point of personal insults. I wished it had been snipped instead to remove the offenders as I believe that everyone should have the option to draw a conclusion without "voting" with their dollars and possibly getting hosed. I once didn't believe the vendor reviews and it took me 6 months to receive my motor casings, 6 frustrating monthes of being promised they were on the way. That vendor is no longer in business and everyone whos been around for a few years knows who it was.

The Composite Warehouse thread was started by me, the thread was locked and evidently removed as individuals were aggressively disagreeing with each other to the point of personal insults. I wished it had been snipped instead to remove the offenders as I believe that everyone should have the option to draw a conclusion without "voting" with their dollars and possibly getting hosed. I once didn't believe the vendor reviews and it took me 6 months to receive my motor casings, 6 frustrating monthes of being promised they were on the way. That vendor is no longer in business and everyone whos been around for a few years knows who it was.
I know I was one of guys who caused the post to be removed. I apologize for the way the post went because of some my of comments. When I owned TFR there were things posted that just were not true. But i wouldn't comment because of maybe hurting my bussiness. People really need to know the facts before casting stones. We pretty much got along well with all our dealers. But many times through out 25 years other dealers have always had their differences. To this day there are still manufactures who won't talk to each other over something that happened 20 years ago.
Take care

Folks, don't restart threads if they disappear. If this thread turns into a bunch of gripes, personal attacks, and complaints about the past, it will be locked and closed.

The last thread was locked because it could not be edited.

Folks, don't restart threads if they disappear. If this thread turns into a bunch of gripes, personal attacks, and complaints about the past, it will be locked and closed.

The last thread was locked because it could not be edited.
you are right cwbullet. but isn't it true the TRF favors certain vendors over other ones??Basically the vendor's that pat TRF 's back then the TRF pats the vendor's back?

you are right cwbullet. but isn't it true the TRF favors certain vendors over other ones??Basically the vendor's that pat TRF 's back then the TRF pats the vendor's back?

Not to my knowledge. I enforce the standards on all.

You have to remember that are not all-seeing. Some times, posts slip under the radar.

Last edited:
Chuck,

I recognize mods have the job of "no good deed goes unpunished" but the issue here is that the thread in question simply disappeared. Other threads mentioning the business practices of Lord Voldemort (CT) have also disappeared in the past.

Rather than deleting the thread in its entirety, why not just lock it down? What is the qualifying factor that would drive a deletion instead of lock?

For transparency and consistency sake me thinks lock is better than delete. :)

My question's been answered. Mods can feel free to close the thread if they wish, to avoid things going the way of the original thread. Just don't make it disappear.

I ordered in the past, like years and years ago. No issues. I would order again. Just had some friends place orders. Everytime this guys opperation gets brought up everyone looses their mind.

I placed an order and have a tracking number for a delivery.
So far, so good.

Chuck,

I recognize mods have the job of "no good deed goes unpunished" but the issue here is that the thread in question simply disappeared. Other threads mentioning the business practices of Lord Voldemort (CT) have also disappeared in the past.

Rather than deleting the thread in its entirety, why not just lock it down? What is the qualifying factor that would drive a deletion instead of lock?

That is at the discretion of the moderator. Sometimes there is too much to edit in order to leave the thread.

Chuck,

The thread was edited, locked and put back in watering hole a few days ago.

I took the plunge. I ordered an X-Celerator on August 18. Got the "boxed and ready" notice on August 19. Paid same day. My card was billed August 20, but the transaction is not yet complete. Will let you know when I get a tracking number.

I took the plunge. I ordered an X-Celerator on August 18. Got the "boxed and ready" notice on August 19. Paid same day. My card was billed August 20, but the transaction is not yet complete. Will let you know when I get a tracking number.
Shipped with tracking info just now.

Shipped with tracking info just now.

Look at your tracking #. Is it moving through the system or does it say, "tracking # assigned, awaiting item from shipper"? Shippers can assign a tracking # and then sometimes not actually get the item to the shipping entity for days or sometimes weeks. I seem to notice this more often with USPS shippers, especially on fleeBay. BTW, you missed a great launch at MDRA this past Saturday. Videos are already posted on the YouTube web page.

Last edited:
You forgot one of the most current ones...Rocketry Warehouse which was "sold/acquired (?) by Madcow Rocketry (I have no issues with Madcow, they have great service).

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at your tracking #. Is it moving through the system or does it say, "tracking # assigned, awaiting item from shipper"? Shippers can assign a tracking # and then sometimes not actually get the item to the shipping entity for days or sometimes weeks. I seem to notice this more often with USPS shippers, especially on fleeBay. BTW, you missed a great launch at MDRA this past Saturday. Videos are already posted on the YouTube web page.
In transit, expected delivery tomorrow. Yeah, I'm sorry I missed the launch. Between the potential for rain, my busy schedule, and COVID craziness, I just didn't get myself motivated. I don't plan to miss any more, though.

If Gart T sent a tracking number, you can bet its on its way. He is top notch
Gary Lives in CT, the kits come from PA. I've ordered twice and received both kits within a week of shipping date. Most of my packages have been on time.

USPS is having issues. The wife had an order placed and got the tracking info saying it would be here in 4 days. She got her order the same day tracking info was sent to her.

USPS is having issues. The wife had an order placed and got the tracking info saying it would be here in 4 days. She got her order the same day tracking info was sent to her.
I have seen a few like that. I got a delivery date, then an update saying it was in transit and would be late, then it arrived before the tracking info posted a new delivery date.

People are sending a lot less mail these days, and the USPS is struggling financially. I think they either need to contract it out, or else the USG should fund it out of the budget. It has failed as a self-sufficient agency.

Back