Composite Warehouse sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would try back again. My order was missing the mmt and I emailed them Friday, they apologized for the inconvenience, it was in my mailbox monday.

Took my Prometheus 5 fins to the router this afternoon... Also took the opportunity to bevel Bullpup 5 fins as well. :)
Resized_20210905_160355_3868.jpegResized_20210905_160359_9115.jpegResized_20210905_185422_2516.jpeg

Ive ordered a bunch of kits from them in last year. All have been great. Zero issues, Currently building a 6” Prometheus.

View attachment 476314
If you have an OpenRocket file for your 6", I would appreciate you sharing it! I just order one. I put a tailcone on my Darkstar and it REALLY made it look nice; Hoping that I can find a TC for my Prometheus 6 too.

If you have an OpenRocket file for your 6", I would appreciate you sharing it! I just order one. I put a tailcone on my Darkstar and it REALLY made it look nice; Hoping that I can find a TC for my Prometheus 6 too.

Sure. Ill upload it from my computer as soon as I can.

Ordered a Fire Flyer 4 earlier today. Considered some of the 6" and 8" birds but would have had to sell a kidney to pay for postage. The 4" one will cost me $500 with postage and currency conversion factored in. International freight is a hassle.

I picked up the 8" Lance Beta and the 9" Megabuster. Planning to build them both out with 75mm clusters instead of the 98mm mounts that come with them.

Thanks Curtis for another great sale!! Very glad to see the Promethius 6 show up on sale Saturday!! Had my fingers crossed all week.

Throw (2) 75's and (2) 54's in the Lance... :)

I was going to go with a 4 x 75mm cluster in the Lance (they will just barely fit), because it is difficult to find 8" rockets with 4 fins, but now that you mention a 2 x 75mm + 2 x 54mm, I may put that in the Lance and save the 4 x 75mm cluster for the 9" Tomahawk. With 4 x CTI M2245 motors, it is just shy of a baby P. Will make a really nice just sub-Class 3 rocket!

The Lance with 75's and 54's will make for some cool airstarts :)

I was given the 4/5.5 honest john that was made for madcow after the nose cone rebounded during a flight and shattered a fin. I have just replaced the fin and will dig out the rocksim file that I have for it. The collision also sheared off one of the spin motors that came with the kit. Any one have a source for these as it just does not look right without them?

Got some serious headway on me Prometheus 5 this weekend. :)

***Conical nose cone purchased separate from kit*** Anyone need an ogive one that would have come with the kit?
View attachment 490103View attachment 490105View attachment 490106View attachment 490107

Super clean looking build so far!
Did you double the aft centering/thrust ring?
What threaded inserts are you using? I only have experience with knife edged inserts for wood...
That conical nose looks to be "all business".

Does the conical sim out better than like a 5:1 ogive or VK profile? Just curious. Really dig the looks of it...

Super clean looking build so far!
Did you double the aft centering/thrust ring?
What threaded inserts are you using? I only have experience with knife edged inserts for wood...
That conical nose looks to be "all business". Does the conical sim out better than like a 5:1 ogive or VK profile? Just curious. Really dig the looks of it...

I did not double the aft ring, just drilled and tapped it for 8-32. Once the rear injection was fully cured, I was able to pop loose the 12 screws. The 98mm Aeropack should go back on with ease. On paper the VK shape should go higher than conical, but I like the conical look more. :)

I ordered a Prometheus 6 during the November 2021 sale. Emailed CW a couple of weeks ago ... since it was promised 6 weeks from order date.... and no response from CW on this. Anyone else have orders they are waiting on?

I ordered a Prometheus 6 during the November 2021 sale. Emailed CW a couple of weeks ago ... since it was promised 6 weeks from order date.... and no response from CW on this. Anyone else have orders they are waiting on?

I am also waiting on my Black Friday order. I talked to Curtis yesterday. I was in the area and was hoping to pick up my order, but it wasn't ready yet. He assured me he is working on getting them out the door as fast as he can. You may want to call him, he doesn't answer email too much, but he does answer the phone and he does monitor the online chat function.

Im still waiting on one kit but I opted to not pay until its ready. I remember seeing at one point they said lead time may exceed 6 wks.

The Prometheus 6 is a great Rocket. I had the first one of the entire line as it was a custom kit I had them do for me and they decided to kit it. I dont think youll be disappinted when it comes in.
1D0C7BD7-5DA8-45FD-A035-10FF8DDFF671.png

I am also waiting on my Black Friday order. I talked to Curtis yesterday. I was in the area and was hoping to pick up my order, but it wasn't ready yet. He assured me he is working on getting them out the door as fast as he can. You may want to call him, he doesn't answer email too much, but he does answer the phone and he does monitor the online chat function.
Online chat function? Where?

Back