Composite Warehouse, Hey guys is this a new Curtis Turner website/business or does someone else own it now?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

rharshberger

Reaction score
Saw this earlier today on Facebook Rocket Buy Sell and Trade page, first two comments were deleted (yes they were snarky) very quickly and soon 4 more people were asking about ordering and etc. Sure looks like the old Rocketry Warehouse website and all the kit designs Curtis offered and failed to deliver on.

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Very good prices. If you place an order they email you back and tell you when your order is ready to ship PaPal them the money. It is not a pre pay order.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
I ordered a kit. I will let you know if it arrives. Looks to arrive Monday.

Johnly

Reaction score
Had some less than wonderful dealing with Curtis over a decade ago, but let's hope that is in the past.
I ordered a couple kits today and I'll post when they arrive.

The_Faulty

Reaction score
I ordered the Hurricane 38mm kit from them like a week ago and received it Friday, but there were no centering rings. Contacted them, will hopefully have new ones sent.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
Ah what the heck.
I think I'll just send Curtis a whole crapload of my money and see if anything ever gets shipped.
I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
Everyone deserves a second, third, fourth, fifth, ................ ?????nth chance, don't they?

ssixsixsix

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ah what the heck.
I think I'll just send Curtis a whole crapload of my money and see if anything ever gets shipped.
I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
Everyone deserves a second, third, fourth, fifth, ................ ?????nth chance, don't they?

ssixsixsix
If you read the order form payment is not sent untill order is ready to ship.

nelie61

Krazy Kit Kollector
Reaction score
I also ordered the 50% off Hurricane kit and it arrived in less than a week. What I thought was strange was it came with a first class label which is 16 oz or less and was labeled 15oz but the package weighs almost 2 lbs.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I thought Madcow bought Rocketry Warehouse... or were they just distributing them?

rharshberger

Reaction score
I thought Madcow bought Rocketry Warehouse... or were they just distributing them?
MadCow couldn't seem to keep regular stocks of the RW kits so my guess is Curtis was supplying the kits and MC was selling them as they received them.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
My Rocketry Warehouse kits came from Madcow and as Crazy Jim said, several of the designs were Wildman knockoffs...which I didn’t know at the time I ordered them.

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My Rocketry Warehouse kits came from Madcow and as Crazy Jim said, several of the designs were Wildman knockoffs...which I didn’t know at the time I ordered them.
Are you sure Jim said that? What kits are WM knockoffs?

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
The rocket I was looking for a 54mm fin can for was a Screech. I still have all the parts except the fins with shorter fin tangs to accommodate the 54mm motor tube.

Jim suggested asking Tim for a fin set from the Competitor 2.6 as the Screech was a knock off of the design. All I had to do was specify the tang slot length measurement...which I have not yet done. Probably easier just to order the Competitor 2.6 54mm kit.

Rah102

Reaction score
I bought the hurricane off the site and haven't had mine shipped yet. i bought it on the 28th of july so im hoping it'll ship.

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I think some of the kits were from when WM and Curtis were teamed up years ago. Who designed them I have no idea. A lot of kits kind of look the same from other kit builders. It all comes down to quality and customer service.

WILDMANRS

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I think some of the kits were from when WM and Curtis were teamed up years ago. Who designed them I have no idea. A lot of kits kind of look the same from other kit builders. It all comes down to quality and customer service.
No I actually bought the intimidator competitor and gizmo from Curtis

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No I actually bought the intimidator competitor and gizmo from Curtis
Yes I remember you purchased some of the kits when you found your own tube supplier and started building you own kits.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I also ordered the 50% off Hurricane kit and it arrived in less than a week. What I thought was strange was it came with a first class label which is 16 oz or less and was labeled 15oz but the package weighs almost 2 lbs.
A year or two ago, the USPS started doing Automatic Postage Verification. When a package has too little postage, they will bill the shipper using the payment method originally used for the label. I think they bill the difference at the retail rate so that it ends costing a bit more than it would have with the correct postage. They also issue refunds automatically if the sender paid too much postage.

tbonerocketeer

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A year or two ago, the USPS started doing Automatic Postage Verification. When a package has too little postage, they will bill the shipper using the payment method originally used for the label. I think they bill the difference at the retail rate so that it ends costing a bit more than it would have with the correct postage. They also issue refunds automatically if the sender paid too much postage.
Interesting....I have never seen this despite shipping gobs of packages through USPS. I know they currently suck at delivering in any kind of timely manner. About 60% of my priority packages are taking 5-10 days to deliver. Parcel post is running 2-3 weeks.

The-Rocket-Store.Com

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
FedEx appears to have a new service level - they have air, they have ground, but it appears all of my shipments are using the "We'll get it to you when we feel like it" service.

Every time you try & track one of the packages, they hold it for 3 more days as punishment. I wish I was joking.