Composite Warehouse 5" Bullpup or Concept 125 (54mm x 3) - Which one needs built first?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Composite Warehouse 5" Bullpup or Concept 125 (54mm x 3) - Which one needs built first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the meantime, do please feel free to post some gratuitous shots of the completed 75mm MMT / retainer assembly, the paint scheme etc for those of us watching from a distance šŸ˜Š

Will do.... the intended paint scheme will be as reflected on Composite Warehouse website (pic below stolen from said website). The classic white paint with red, yellow, and black bands.
adsfbadfbda.JPGResized_20211021_140243_7093.jpeg

Verified, flame to rocket ratio is gtg.

K1100 is my all time fav motor. Three of them is even better!

Okay, on the Bullpup, why the flanged retainer?
The kit came with what appeared to be a 98mm to 75mm centering ring. Since the OD of the centering rings is only slightly larger than the OD of a flange 75 mount, it seemed like a logical fit. Once glued in place from the top and the bottom of the flanged retainer, its pretty well sealed in there for good. I can say it looks sharp with the cap sticking out of the bottom about 1/2 to 3/4".
Resized_20210706_195858_6793.jpeg

That thing was really moving! I was lucky to get as many shots as I did. It was a great day for a flight like that. Not very often there is almost zero wind in the Midwest this time of year!

That thing was really moving! I was lucky to get as many shots as I did. It was a great day for a flight like that. Not very often there is almost zero wind in the Midwest this time of year!
Right you are sir, the weather was truly incredible! :)

Youā€™re making me want a Bullpup, Justin. Iā€™m afraid Iā€™d not do it near the justice it deserves!

Just socks...you clearly aren't as prone to dropping tools as I am LOL. Anyway, in the end, I'd be very curious about your take on the CW 5.5" Bull Pup. I have the Estes, the 2.1" PML, and the 3" PML (actually I have 2 3" Bull Pups from PML, 1 that spent 15 or so years in the bag and 1 newer one w/Quantum tubing etc, thanks @Launch Lab Rocketry :) ) Side note, the parachute from the old one smelled like rotten cheese. Was nasty. It was also a bit tacky on the backside so I soaked it in a plastic bag w/baby powder (the corn starch variety) for several days, replacing the baby powder once and then aired it out outside and put a fan on it for several hours. It's pretty good now. I ended up dusting the newer parachute w/baby powder too as it was a lil smelly, but not nearly the same. Anyway, naturally I envy your 5" Bull Pup

Just socks...you clearly aren't as prone to dropping tools as I am LOL. Anyway, in the end, I'd be very curious about your take on the CW 5.5" Bull Pup. I have the Estes, the 2.1" PML, and the 3" PML (actually I have 2 3" Bull Pups from PML, 1 that spent 15 or so years in the bag and 1 newer one w/Quantum tubing etc, thanks @Launch Lab Rocketry :) ) Side note, the parachute from the old one smelled like rotten cheese. Was nasty. It was also a bit tacky on the backside so I soaked it in a plastic bag w/baby powder (the corn starch variety) for several days, replacing the baby powder once and then aired it out outside and put a fan on it for several hours. It's pretty good now. I ended up dusting the newer parachute w/baby powder too as it was a lil smelly, but not nearly the same. Anyway, naturally I envy your 5" Bull Pup
Out of the box, the quality of the kit is excellent and that tailcone fits really well to the airframe. I'm a call it like I see type person and tend to review as I go. If I dont run into any challenges, we move forward. If there were challenges/questions/concerns, they would be highlighted as I progress through the build. :)

This is looking great, Justin! I think I missed something, though. How did you go about getting the internal fillets in there?
Most folks inject via holes in the root, I use a single 5/32" hole between the fins using West Systems amended with milled fiberglass for thickness. I inject flat, making sure the fillet forms uniform. This method only works if you seal the front and rear of the centering rings internally first. All of this is done with (4) total holes, all placed in same location between fins.
Resized_20211101_093759_9014.jpeg

Back