Composite Warehouse 5" Bullpup or Concept 125 (54mm x 3) - Which one needs built first?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Composite Warehouse 5" Bullpup or Concept 125 (54mm x 3) - Which one needs built first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Love the motor retention/harness point bulkhead, pretty cool idea and looks strong. About the three tubes going through the bulkhead- is your allthread going through those and nuts/washers tighten down on top of those tubes? If so is there a benefit to them sticking up past flush? Just trying to understand so when I steal this idea down the road I'll know ...lol.

Love the motor retention/harness point bulkhead, pretty cool idea and looks strong. About the three tubes going through the bulkhead- is your allthread going through those and nuts/washers tighten down on top of those tubes? If so is there a benefit to them sticking up past flush? Just trying to understand so when I steal this idea down the road I'll know ...lol.
In essence, yes, the threaded rod coming out the top of the motors pass through, then get bolted in from the top. I did drill out the G10 tubes used as epoxy barriers, and we were left with super clean holes and little wiggle room for the rods.
Resized_20210817_133525_8071.jpegResized_20210817_133519_3180.jpeg

Ok, so you did trim the off the excess tubing. Thats what threw me off. Thanks for posting the nice writeup so far.

Nothing heavy, just some filler... trying to get back to this project.

Career trajectory change tapped the brakes on fun stuff for a number of weeks, but slowly getting back...
Resized_20210830_165412_5930.jpeg

Nice. When do you do the shaping of the fore and aft ends of the fillets? While the epoxy is wet (tool used?) or after it is dry? Judging by the sandpaper in the pic, I am guessing you sand them when dry.
For this build, these fillets are a bit larger than I would typically like to see. With that being said, I shaped the fillets with a 1" PVC pipe, pulled off all the tape protecting the neighboring areas, then did minor shaping and clean up by hand while still JB was still very wet. Once fully cured, did a light scuff of the JB, then put down the red filler.

Best,

For this build, these fillets are a bit larger than I would typically like to see. With that being said, I shaped the fillets with a 1" PVC pipe, pulled off all the tape protecting the neighboring areas, then did minor shaping and clean up by hand while still JB was still very wet. Once fully cured, did a light scuff of the JB, then put down the red filler.

Best,
With as short as you had to cut the fin tabs, larger fillets make sense.

It's looking great Justin . I cannot wait to see three huge Super Thunder flames ( wait would that be the first time 3 K2050's are clustered together.... ) out the back , converging into one 20 foot flame .

It's looking great Justin . I cannot wait to see three huge Super Thunder flames ( wait would that be the first time 3 K2050's are clustered together.... ) out the back , converging into one 20 foot flame .
Flight 1 will be K-1100's, just picked them up today actually. :)

Second flight will be the 2050's.

I need to get this thing done soon and get a RunCam on order as well.

Judging by the fall a little past the middle of the video, fitment maybe not so guud... lol

Back