Competitor 5 Rocksim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Does anyone have a Performance Rocketry Competitor 5 Rocksim file? I just purchased the kit and I would like to start getting my TAP paperwork together. I have Rocksim 8.

Thanks!

Wait...

You want to go for Level 3, but can't create your own sim?

-Kevin

I think he was saying he had just placed the order, so the rocket is not in his possession yet. He just wants a head start on his paperwork.

Not to mention that at least in my case, I've looked high and low for rocksim components for the performance parts - or similar FG tubes, nose cones, etc. - and they're nowhere to be found.

Would love to be able to start simming out a few of my latest projects, but can't as I don't have the right "parts" in rocksim to do so.

Not to mention that at least in my case, I've looked high and low for rocksim components for the performance parts - or similar FG tubes, nose cones, etc. - and they're nowhere to be found.

Would love to be able to start simming out a few of my latest projects, but can't as I don't have the right "parts" in rocksim to do so.

Rocksim has G10 as a material. Just specify your BT dimensions and you're done (or at least very close).

Last edited:

Measure and weigh and you have all the info you need.

All Rocksim needs is accurate outside dimensions and weights.

-Kevin

Even then, it comes up ridiculously light under the best conditions.....

This is part of why I'd like to see a design aspect added to a cert level 3 program....

JD

Measure and weigh and you have all the info you need.

All Rocksim needs is accurate outside dimensions and weights.

-Kevin

Nick was correct...I wanted to start playing around with the design in Rocksim, as I don't have the kit yet. I would like to get basic dimensions and I can gauge how heavy it will be and what not.

Thanks to Slickwilly for the attempt, I will give it a look tonight.

Nick was correct...I wanted to start playing around with the design in Rocksim, as I don't have the kit yet. I would like to get basic dimensions and I can gauge how heavy it will be and what not.

Ah, okay - my apologies, then! I misunderstood the original post.

-Kevin

Back