compatibility of BSD tubes and a LOC ebay.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
that's the question. what are the I.D and O.D of each? How much time will it take to get them to fit?

thanx, Ben

For what size Airframe?

The 3" LOC ebay fits perfectly with BSD 3" airframes. I'm using one in my 3" Thor and it required no sanding for it fit. I assume the 4" will be compatible as well as IIRC BSD uses LOC tubes.

Originally posted by MarkM
For what size Airframe?

The 3" LOC ebay fits perfectly with BSD 3" airframes. I'm using one in my 3" Thor and it required no sanding for it fit. I assume the 4" will be compatible as well as IIRC BSD uses LOC tubes.

I have used the LOC 4" extended ebay with my BSD Apache. (FWIW, my Apache was bought from the previous owner, Mark, & I do not know if Just Rockets is using the same tubes or not...) You can read all about it here: https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/loc_eb_390.html

HTH,

i was just about to start a thread on this exact subject but you beat me too it:D :D

I didn't believe it, so for what it's worth:

I took my BSD 3" Thor nosecone and slid it into a piece of LOC 3" tubing. Excellent fit. If that's a measuring stick, I'd say the two different brands of tubing are "compatable."

Further, I have a 4" Binder Design aluminum backplate (see HERE for a visual of what I'm talking about) for my Excel Plus. It has a machine beveled edge so that it seats both inside the 4" tube, yet the final OD is the same as the OD of the tube (like a "cap" so to speak.) While messing around the other day, I popped it onto a LOC 4" tube to check the fit, and again - a perfect fit.

thank you for all your replies :) Nate asked me an I wasn't sure so I used my resources :p So Nate is that a good answer?

thanx, Ben

Latest posts

Back