Coming Soon To A Planet Near You...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
At long last... The OpenRocket developers are nearing the finish to get the latest update out... Here's a teaser...

Teaser III.jpg

Trust me... You won't be angry... Won't be angry... Indeed!

Last edited:
There may have been a slight scaling issue... We'll just have to send him back...

Teaser IV.jpg

WYSIWYG (I only got rid of the CP mark.)

that is slick. any sort of ETA on this version?
Rex

I don't have an answer for that... I was sent the dev.jar file to test it. I found a few issues in only a few minutes. STILL However, I was able to manage to do this...

Estes Magum Payloader (2032)(with Marvin).jpg

Yes, there really is a little Marvin (fin) inside there, and I only edited out the CP mark.

out on a limb...but, I would guess that they may be trying for a March release, April perhaps.
Rex

I'm super excited the devs are working with one of our boundary-pushing superusers.

Wonder if they'd consider doing a semi-formalized beta program.

Some direct way to handle fins and fin tabs through boat tails without doing the fins mounted behind the body tube method?

Also, Open Rocket is awesome, and I greatly appreciate the work of those who produce it, and the beta users as well.

1) I just subscribed (finally) to the openrocket-devel mailing list. How does one become a beta tester? I think I could do a good job of that
2) Does the new version fix the Mac graphics crasher?

Some direct way to handle fins and fin tabs through boat tails without doing the fins mounted behind the body tube method?

Also, Open Rocket is awesome, and I greatly appreciate the work of those who produce it, and the beta users as well.

Ditto!

Richard

Would love offset fins, ie like a wing that sits on the body tube at the tangent point, like a bomarc etc....

Would love offset fins, ie like a wing that sits on the body tube at the tangent point, like a bomarc etc....

+1

I'd also like winglets. There's no was to sim odd rocs and several missiles without it. Like the Jayhawk, or the scorpion, or the Estes jetliner.

My developer's version doesn't have pods enabled (or I haven't figured out how to use them) it's greyed out.

They're children of the sustainer. Try clicking on the sustainer and then add them.

Ah... I see...

Estes Trident (K-33) angle view.png
Small problem, after I save the file, close it, and reopen it, it looks like this:

Estes Trident (K-33)(after save and close).jpg

I have to go and reopen each of the pods, and readjust each to get it back into the correct place.

Last edited:
I've tried reproducing the problem but it seems to be working fine for me. Could you send me the .ork file and I'll try to see what the problem is?

Back