Coming Home

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
My rocket, TriAgain has been located by one of the nice residents of the gated community and is awaiting pickup at the guard gate!

i'm sure glad i left my name/number with 'em!

it landed on a rooftop and they were only able to retrieve it today
:D

now i'll find out if all 3 motors lit...
or not.

If it is a 'gated' community, then there is probably not much you really can do in the way of reward or a monetary thank-you that would make much difference to them.

But-

You could invite them to your next launch, to re-launch this bird, or some others?

are 'bout all ya find in there...
(rem: these are the same people that called the fire dept. to try to get me BUSTED...of course i was well within my rights and the law.)

looks like it came in ballistic. nose cone cracked, body tube shortened a bit. no motors were with it.

Tri5x.jpg

burned-up motor casings aren't *property* (they're trash) so they can't be stolen...
:D
my hypothesis is that they (motors) kicked out at ejection, since the motor-end of the rocket is unharmed. without the motors, the rocket was *VERY* nose-heavy, and judging from the damage (crushed tube/crunched nose cone), the rocket came in nose-first.
and fast!

Back