Come watch Jason cert NAR L1

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone that is interested to come attend the March 2005 North East Florida Association of Rocketry launch on the 12-13. I will be certing NAR HPR Level One on my "Big Red" on an H97J, hopefully on Saturday, and then on Sunday I plan to fly my Polecat Thumper Jr. on a I211 or I357, airstarting a pair of G64's at 3 or 2 seconds, depending on the motor used.

Thanks all, I hope to see you there!

Jason

Jason,

Good luck with the cert flight! And who knows...maybe I'll be the one to sign off on it for you :) I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to NEFAR in March, but I sure want to & there are a couple of rockets that I would prefer to only launch at NEFAR because of the flat, open field there.

BTW, how 'bout some pics of those rockets that you plan on flying?

Originally posted by pdooley
Jason, where is this event located?

NEFAR is on a sod farm outside of Bunnell, FL (in Flagler County ~25 minutes NW of Daytona Beach). See the website for driving directions.

HTH,

Jason! wait another month and cert at TRF 2005!!!!
of course i'm just assuming that trf 2005 will be at whitikers in april.

Jason, you can count on me to be there. I am nearly certain Leo will be there as well. It's time to call the old HERC members and see if anyone else wants to make the trip out there.

Maybe we can make this Florida Cert month!

I have been contemplating certing with my <a href="https://rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12377&highlight=Ariel">PML Ariel</a>
using a Pro38 2-grain. I need to contact Dennis from New Horizons...

Lance- Just in case Dennis won't have any 2-grains and cases available in time, can you
PM where you've gotten yours recently?

March should be a fun month! Let's hope the weather holds out.

Originally posted by brianc
Lance- Just in case Dennis won't have any 2-grains and cases available in time, can you
PM where you've gotten yours recently?

I get mine from Dennis. If he is selling at a launch that I'm attending, I'm going to buy direct from him. A) I get the instant gratification. B) He and the service he provides is well worth supporting. C) It's good karma and encourages him to come around more :)

It's very rare that he is out of ANY Pro38 motors however I do believe he was down at TWP Gatornationals last weekend so his stock could be a little thin right now... :rolleyes: But we're talking March here so he should be back to full capacity in time for the NEFAR launch :D I know if he doesn't have those reloads, it's not because he didn't order them! (The one time he was low, his supplier was on the slow side at the time...)

Let me know if you want/need to borrow my case and/or DAT tool too...

HTH,

Originally posted by lalligood
I get mine from Dennis. If he is selling at a launch that I'm attending, I'm going to buy direct from him. A) I get the instant gratification. B) He and the service he provides is well worth supporting. C) It's good karma and encourages him to come around more :)

Agreed on all points. I buy from Dennis when I can too. I left him a v-mail earlier today,
so he can reorder if necessary.

It's very rare that he is out of ANY Pro38 motors however I do believe he was down at TWP Gatornationals last weekend so his stock could be a little thin right now... :rolleyes: But we're talking March here so he should be back to full capacity in time for the NEFAR launch

Ohhh... I forgot about the Gators. Was thinking about a road trip (just to watch), but
ended up being on call that weekend. :( I'm pretty confident Dennis will be fully restocked
by March.

Let me know if you want/need to borrow my case and/or DAT tool too...[/B]
I ordered a DAT with the 1-grain reloads and (free) case when I took advantage of the
Wildman Rocketry holiday special, so I'm good-to-go!

THANX!

Originally posted by brianc
I ordered a DAT with the 1-grain reloads and (free) case when I took advantage of the
Wildman Rocketry holiday special, so I'm good-to-go!

Well I do have the 2-, 3-, & 4-grain Pro38 casings. Never know when you might need a bigger motor ;)

The offer stands for anyone else needing a casing for their cert flight that day...

Originally posted by lalligood
Well I do have the 2-, 3-, & 4-grain Pro38 casings. Never know when you might need a bigger motor ;)

The offer stands for anyone else needing a casing for their cert flight that day...

Oh, the peer pressure to cert L2....of course, that would mean that I'd have to be back into rocketry full swing. :eek: Nah, I can't do it right now. I'll have fun out there with some of my already-built toys.

Jason-

Are you going to be staying somewhere on the east coast or driving
across the state for each day?

I've requested the ENTIRE weekend off from Friday to Monday so that we can stay on the coast. The plan likely is to leave Friday afternoon around, say 3-4pm, beat the rush hour traffic :)eek: ), and take the route thru the state forest that we always take. My parents will likely be riding on my dad's brand new 2005 Harley-Davidson motorcycle (pic attached) and someone will be taking our big van with all the toys inside. I need to talk to Eugene about that part.

For my planned flights so far...

Big Red on an H97J for my L1 on Sat.
Big Red on an H238T and two E9's on Sun.
Thumper Jr. on an I211 or I357 and two airstarted G64's on Sun.
USR Sonic 2200, F50 to F2x
Misc. Modroc Flights

:D:D:D:D

Hopefully we can all meet up somewhere and caravan over there. That would be really nice. Brian and Lance, e-mail me and we could get a e-mail started for the planning process.

Jason

Originally posted by jetra2
Brian and Lance, e-mail me and we could get a e-mail started for the planning process.
I sent an email via your profile button, but just remembered TRF is/might be having
problems with sending mail...

Then I sent a PM, but your mailbox is full... :( If you don't get my original email,
PM with your email address.

To all the soon-to-be L1'ers,

Sorry I can't be there in person. I'll be there in spirit. Good luck, and have fun. I loved L1.

Good luck on your certificaion flight. Actually, luck has little to do with it, you built it right it will fly right. After all, that is part of the certification process, you have to build it right. From your posts I've read, you will have no problem.

I will offer only one piece of advice and you can take it or leave it...after you push the button, don't forget to breath.

Originally posted by bsdrocketry
I will offer only one piece of advice and you can take it or leave it...after you push the button, don't forget to breath.

That is an excellent piece of advice. I never breathed during any of my cert flights.:rolleyes: :D

While we're on the subject of certification flight advice, I found it to be less stressful for both of my cert flights because I had flown both of my rockets on acceptable lower power motors before the cert flight. I knew what the rockets could do, it was just a matter during the cert flight of seeing what the MOTOR would do...

L1: PML Phobos flown 3 or 4 times on G40s & G35s.
L2: BSD Thor on Pro38 I285--which was particularly reassuring since I certified L2 with the Pro38 J285--essentially the same thrust curve but with a slightly longer burn.

I worked out all the kinks with (not to mention had confidence in) the rocket so I could take the previous advice of remembering to breathe :D And if & when I make that leap into L3, I plan to take the same approach!

Jason, you are not going to have any problems that day ;)

HTH,

Maybe that's why I was so nervous. I had never previously flown any of my cert rockets. My L1 flight was my first flight for that season, and on that rocket. My L2 was the first flight for the rocket, and my first time using electronics.

It's this coming weekend

Jason,

Best of LUCK!! Do you have a good camera to get eugene to take some pics?

Get some good resolution and I'll print a lifesize for you as a keepsake.

Actually, it's 32 days from today. It's the MARCH launch, not February.

Jason

Sorry Jason,

I guess the word MARCH in your first post gave it away! ;)

Sorry about that, I just went by days and this weekend is the 12 and 13th.

Man it would be fun to take Sean to the Cape one day and the launch the next.

Originally posted by OccamMD
Sorry Jason,

I guess the word MARCH in your first post gave it away! ;)

Sorry about that, I just went by days and this weekend is the 12 and 13th.

Man it would be fun to take Sean to the Cape one day and the launch the next.

Yep, I will be there with my digicam. You should really consider coming out. I need to call Joe and see what's up with that monster Executioner. :D

Originally posted by OccamMD
How long is the drive from Tampa?
How 'bout from the cape?

NEFAR is...
2-2.5 hrs from Tampa.
1 hr from the Cape.

Driving directions can be found on the NEFAR website. Alternatively, you can use "Deanville, FL" (with no address) in MapQuest. Either method will get you precisely to the correct spot :)

Back