Come on show Us your Christmas Odd-Rocs!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
AS lugnut mentioned in another post "Tis the Season" come on gang let's see all those Christmas, "Holiday Season" and Winter theme Odd-rocs i'm sure you've been hiding;) Or maybe have planned. Looks like my Christmas Theme Odd-Roc will again be Rained out this weekend..DEEEEEEEE RATS!

Who's got the Christmas Tree?

LOL
I gotta admit, as I began reading this thread my *first* thought was...

"oh man, John McCoy is going to be all OVER *this* thread!"

Then I saw *you* originated it! LOL

Yea Jim:
I was hoping to see some Holiday Odd rockets by Others. I'm looking to do a couple new one's this season, a wrapping paper tube/paper/orniment/holly/old string of lights thingy... and a micor powered face up flying Menorah... Neither have I started...other than a few rough sketches;)

Come on folks, Hey Bowhunter...I'm sure you could come up with a Christmas Crayon:D. Or a coloring book with crayons present?....or......

Not sure when I'll start working on mine. BTW are there any scalable templates out there for rolling nosecones? Just curious...

Whos got a cone xmas tree rocket ala Centuri Point :D

I have two in flyable condition, Heres the 10.5mm version that has working lights so it's also a night flight Christmas Tree:D

I also have a 7.1mm (micro-maxx tube) non-lighted Christmas tree. The 3 pages instructions, nesting tier pre colored limbs, decal patten and base are in the file section of the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group, I'm sure they could easily be upscaled for use with BT-5 or even BT-20 if your interested;)

Each limb tier consists of two light cardstock cone discs, yellow glued into a very stiff strong unit.

Here the smaller Micro maxx powered Christmas tree and a lift-off shot from last year:)
This one is 2.5" max diameter and 5.25" tall Ewt about 9grams. the 4 stand leg "fins" are .030" clear lexan with vinyl graphics applied. I wish I could get the plan pdf's small enough to post, guess you'll just have to visit the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group files section under McCoys' micro-maxx plans in the Odd-Roc folder;)

Well micro its getting hard to find crayons Ralfco went out of buisness :( but I do got an idea with some battery powered christmas lights. ;)

It's made from an M&Ms candy holiday gift package, with the M&M guy as the cone. Easy conversion :) It had blown on Bs. Probably could fly on a C.

Originally posted by Micromeister
The 3 pages instructions, nesting tier pre colored limbs, decal patten and base are in the file section of the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group...

But John,

Only 2 of the 3 are in the files section of that group: Pages 1 and 2. Whatever are we to do???:confused:

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
But John,

Only 2 of the 3 are in the files section of that group: Pages 1 and 2. Whatever are we to do???:confused:

WW
DOH! Your right Will! Page 3 was a Forest green background page with the red base shroud located. This allowed the background to be printed first then over-printed using page 2. If done that way some of the limb detail didn't showup as well as if you printed page two on white or light green cardstock, so I eliminated that very large pdf from the file. Sorry, the micro Christmas tree is in fact a two page plan not 3.. Suffering from the old age CRS disease "Can't Remember S---!" my mistake:D

Heres the closest thing I have with a Santa;) One of my favortie Christmas photos also. I used it one year as the family Christmas card cover:D Unfortunately the wife will not let me make Santa fly:(

u guys made some funny rockets there, gotta love the good ole motto, if it has a shape, put a rocket in it

What I wouldnt give to see all of the stuff Micromeister has made.

Dan

Dan and all you TRF'er...If you get anywhere near Far South West Washington DC, overlooking Bolling AFB Ya-all are more than welcome to Drop on by. It's a tiny townhouse so it wouldn't be a very long tour but the food is awful good! (as long as the better 2/3rd does the perparing:D) It's not the Dew Drop Inn..but pretty close:D:D

I don't have a group shot of All the Christmas theme models.. This one is used as part of a Handout, when doing Odd-Roc building demos.

Const_Star:
Chirstmas Ball CandyCane: is one of those big 5.5" Plastic outdoor Tree orniments with a BT-50 motor tube extenting about 8" below the bottom of the ball and between the 3 - 36" hollow plastic tube "yard candycanes. the Motor tube is fitted with a motor hook and retaining sleeve that is also candycane strippped, this extends all the way to the little gold "hanger" cap on the very top of the ball. this cap is fitted with a Balsa nose block 100lb kevlar&1/4" elastic shock cord and 24" plastic chute.
Each of the candy canes are epoxy rivit and nylon tie wrap attached to the core motor tube and touching parts of the Ball top. to hide the nasty ugly epoxy joints the wide red ribbon and bows were added completing the model. a 3/16" hole passes through the ball and out about 1/8" away for the gold cap to accept the launch rod.
it model flys on the same principal as the old Sputnik styrofoam ball and dowel models from way back when. Those were bounce recovery this being a good bit heavier at a little over 14ozs (401g) needs the chute for recovery though one of the members of my club did one with straight dowel legs that bounced...Hard:D

nice phoenix, ive got an old one myself that i plan on redoing and giving it a good flame job

Back