Come fly hyperteks at UKRA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian

Reaction score
Hello all,

Following on from my last post I've scuttled and skulked to the powers that be and as a result am pleased to announce that UKRA 2005 will also be hosting "Hypertek Fest".

There has been a lot of positive response to flying Hybrids at UKRA so.......

You are all invited to come fly a hybrid with me at UKRA 2005.

Available to you shall be the following:

1) A dedicated away pad for hybrids only. (Keep those pesky solids away - we don't want them holding up proceedings!)
2) Provision has been made for 3 pads. (My pad, Pete's pad and I understand Stephen Woolhead may be bringing the MARS super duper pad too.)
3) I'll be managing and part RSO'ing the hybrid away pad. E-mail me if you have any questions or catch me at the event.
4) Grains a plenty: I've got a stash of over thirty J & K Hypertek grains, plenty of L and M grains for that matter too.
5) Plenty of NOX. Pete is donating his "whopping" NOX cylinders to the cause.
6) Cost: I'll be providing grains and NOX at very cheapo prices. These will be confirmed on the day but please expect to fly a K, all in, for a lot less than 25 notes! (When I know how much it's costing me then you chaps will be the first to know. I won't be making any money that I do know!
7) If required: 'One to one' at the pad mentoring. If it's your first
hypertek/hybrid or you have forgotten how: I'll walk and talk you through everything you need to do in your time.
8) Masterclasses: There will be a masterclass facility at UKRA where you can turn up and see hands on demonstrations of 'gear'. Further details at the event.
9) L2 examinations: Currently you have to be L2 to fly an Hybrid. Come take the exam. If you are hesitant about the same. I'll organise it so I can fly the rocket on your behalf, subject to conditions to be confirmed at the event.
10) Service with a smile and good manners too. ;)
11) If my 54mm 'Baby Bob' is finished and survives his jaunts on an L 730 and K660 then 'Baby Bob' hopes to set a new UK commercial hybrid record too.

Modify those airframes to make them Hypertek/hybrid compliant and come and have some fun.

D

I may not be there until late Saturday. So save me some nox and a grain!

Cool,

There has been talk of holding a "Gas Fest" here Stateside, where any Hybrid could be flown, but no solids...

Sounds like fun, good luck with the launch.

Will arrive first thing Sat. (might drop in at midnight Fri, depending on how quickly I can get from Brum airport)

I have grains and tank etc. and need enough gas for a single 440cc L2 Cert flight. Could do a second flight on the Sunday am, but have to leave by 3pm.

I've done the test bit, just need to do the flight for L2.

I have grains and tank etc. and need enough gas for a single 440cc L2 Cert flight.

No problems.

I've got plenty of tanks anyway if you did need to borrow.

D

Dude...

Do you have the relevant tank for the K240 available?

Just realised... I have a rocket that does actually have a 54mm mount long-enough to take that motor... thought it'll need low wind as it's quite big :)

Cheers dude!

Ben

Do you have the relevant tank for the K240 available?

Yes Ben!

I shall have four 835cc motor systems available for loan. In addition I expect another couple may be donated to the cause.

How many flights are you going to be doing?
I would anticipate just 1 flight would not suffice a man of your calibre?

Three flights perhaps? I understand your MARS colleague Mr Osborn is flying thrice. Surely you can beat this and fly four?

;)

D

Originally posted by Damian
Yes Ben!

I shall have four 835cc motor systems available for loan. In addition I expect another couple may be donated to the cause.

How many flights are you going to be doing?
I would anticipate just 1 flight would not suffice a man of your calibre?

Three flights perhaps? I understand your MARS colleague Mr Osborn is flying thrice. Surely you can beat this and fly four?

;)

D

You do KNOW Osborne don't you?

The same Osborne who wanted us to plan to fly Deimos Odyssey three times during BALLS 2002?

The same Osborne who claims he'll make twenty flights a day at every launch event he attends... then spends all of said launch event sanding a minimum diameter 38mm rocket which he then proceeds to shred/crash/loose in the last 1/2 hour of the last day of the launch?

:)

No... if I have time amoungst the other stuff, and can talk Flan into carrying my Syonic with him in the Flandrover... then one K240 in the Syonic would be cool. It'll take me some time to get some electronics in there for starters.

Be gentle, I'm a hybrid vrigin. (home made P motors don't count)

Ben

Originally posted by benjarvis
You do KNOW Osborne don't you?

The same Osborne who wanted us to plan to fly Deimos Odyssey three times during BALLS 2002?

So I got carried away :)

The same Osborne who claims he'll make twenty flights a day at every launch event he attends... then spends all of said launch event sanding a minimum diameter 38mm rocket which he then proceeds to shred/crash/loose in the last 1/2 hour of the last day of the launch?

I've not lost all of them, and anyway, I've managed 2 Hypertek hybrid launches in a day :)

I I get my new payload bay sorted out in the next few days (and it's almost done now), I hope to be able to turn around 3 Hypertek hybrid launches in a day, all with onboard video telemetry and an On Screen Display, and very possibly, with the R-DAS GPS module hooked up too.

No... if I have time amoungst the other stuff, and can talk Flan into carrying my Syonic with him in the Flandrover... then one K240 in the Syonic would be cool. It'll take me some time to get some electronics in there for starters.

You ? Electronics ?

Pah, this, I must see :) Remember, red wire goes to positive.....

All the best,

Richard

Originally posted by ukrocketman
So I got carried away :)

You ? Electronics ?

Pah, this, I must see :) Remember, red wire goes to positive.....

All the best,

Richard

Poo to you with Knobs on. :)

Timers are my friends.

Ben

Currently you have to be L2 to fly an Hybrid
Just to clarify, you have to have done the L2 test, you don't actually have to be L2 certified to fly an L1 hybrid (you do need L1 cert though).

Won't be flying any HT this time, but I'll be busy at the hybrid pads I hope.

Electronics bay of reasonable goodness coming along nicely...

Well spotted Niall.

You are quite correct.
It's what I meant...honest!

LOL.

Damian

Latest posts

Back